• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think of the NEW FW logo?

Colleen A.

<font color=green>Disney Planning Maniac!<br><font
No, I don't mean the one with the fort either!:rolleyes: When we were there Dec 7 - 14th, we couldn't help but notice all the merchandise with the new logo. It's Mickey in the 'coon skin cap holding a large walking stick. I was hoping to find something left with the old logo, but no luck. :( I'm glad that they are putting Mickey back onto the logo, but I still miss the original. I did not find it offensive...it's not like he had an oozie or something! :rolleyes:

Frankly, I can live with it, BUT I preferred the original.

We were over there over Thanksgiving for a meal at Trails End Buffet, and went scavaging for items with the old Logo. We asked a cast member, who herself expressed disgust about the change. She kind of summed it all up with this comment "some people should understand that we don't keep our freedom with straws and spitballs ya'know".

I haven't seen it but it sounds like it sure beats the fort logo. Glad to see they changed that one!
TomM

It APPEARS to be Political Correctness run amuck.
I thought the old logo was a lot cuter.

We HATE it!! I camped at Ft. Wilderness from 1971-1986 and the only logo I will ever like is the original. While there this December we went on a search for the original. We did find it in a few places. There are some left on the trashcans and Ft. Wilderness vehicles. At the trading post at the Meadows there is an older tire cover with the original. We found a pressed penny at the Settlement area and we all three bought pins with the old logo. I noticed the CMs still had the original on their bolos. I asked about it and the CM said they would probably be changing that, too. I just think it is ridiculous!

I don't mind it, but the original was the nicest. It's not the fact that they changed it, it's why they changed it. I agree with Collen A. the old one with the Musket was perfectly themed and wasn't threatening at all. Mickey wasn't holding an assault rifle with a bayonet on end of it .

Originally posted by DVCDAVE
"some people should understand that we don't keep our freedom with straws and spitballs ya'know".

Ha Ha Ha...I love that...straws and spitballs! :D

Does anyone have a picture of the new logo? I'd like to see it.

At our last visit I was looking at the FW sign and thought that it was only a matter of time before someone was "offended" by the gun in Mickey's hand. :rolleyes:

~ PezHeadVal ~

Did they change the sign at the entrance to FW? They must have, but what logo is on that (if it was changed)?

At Christmas the old signs were still up. I like the walking stick logo better than the Fort logo they are putting on the maps now. I think there should be a Disney character on the logo. The new fort logo looks too Madison Ave. to me.

Here is what you see as you turn into FW...you can see the old logo behind the fence.

fcb444f0.jpg

I wonder if they are going to place the new walking stick logo there:confused: Personally, I found no offense with the gun logo. Mickey was representing our pioneer forefathers. We can not change our past. Heck, I guess if you want to be real technical about the whole image that the old log represented, you might as well say that American history is not 'politically correct'!:earseek:

Now that is so strange! Why would they have to cover up the old one before they installed the new one? Do you think there was some kind of litigation over this? That looks awful!!! and the whole problem with the musket is ridiculous IMO! but I guess it bothered some people out there.... Hope they change the sign soon if they have to do it!

You can still see the old logo on the sign hanging over the dock at the marina. We took the boat over to the HoopDeeDoo last week and the old sign was still hanging there!

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the new logo, but....

We4mickey, I spent a summer (1990), while in college living in Hales Corners!! I was a nanny for a Milwaukee Brewer baseball player, Greg Brock. I can't remember the name of the street, but we lived right across the street from a nice park with a pool.

I haven't thought about Hales Corners in a long time!! It's a lovely area!!

LOL! I operate a restaurant in Hales Corners and another in West Allis (Right next door)

Any other "Hales" folks around?

Wow....Like they say..."it's a small world after all!!"

I love the Milwaukee area!! If I wouldn't have had to go back to college in Indiana for my senior year, I would have stayed there!!

Just back! I saw the old logo and the new one as well. Both are in evidence everywhere and it doesn't seem like the logo has changed so much as it has been added to the available merchandise. I saw the old sign down by the entrance to Pioneer Hall, also saw it on the docks, on the sign for "River Country" and on they still had the pins out with the old logo. I didn't see the old design on the clothing though, so maybe it is on the way out. Nothing dramatic though~still selling guns in the store too~

My sister is down there right now. She called last night. They went over to Crockett's to get some pizza for dinner. She was amazed that they removed the "fence" from around the old Fort Wilderness logo and it's showing again!:bounce: Wonder if this means they are re-considering!!!:p

I saw a picture of a fence at the entrance of FW when they were putting in the new bigger sign. There is a different sign over by the second entrance which is the Mickey and Muskett (one T or 2? :) I don't remember if that sign was there before - maybe it was moved over to the other entrance when they changed the sign for the main entrance for the campers -could be wrong.

Was she sure it was the same logo with the musket or did they switch to the walking stick Mickey? Just at a glance they are very similar. We went to WDW last weekend but did not make it over to FW. I'll have to ask my neighbor across the street. They went to FW this weekend to try out their new golf cart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter