• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you think of the NEW FW logo?

It is definitely the musket! I was really upset about the change and was surprised by how many places we saw it. The old round sign is still there -with musket- just at the other entrance to the parking lot for Pioneer Hall. Trust me!

I spoke to my sister again last evening. She had stayed in FW back in Oct., and is sure that the old logo sign is back!:D They just took the fence down I guess (?) She also said that the only merchandise she saw with the walking stick was the tire cover. I had asked her to pick my up a FW magnet and couldn't even find them with any logo on it. :rolleyes: When I was there in Dec., they had quite a lot of merchandise with Mickey and the walking stick. I hope all this means that Disney came to their senses. I mean, it wasn't like Mickey was holding an oozie or something! He was simply representing America's pioneer history.:)

In light of all our country is facing right now, I have to agree, you can't protect freedom with straws and spitballs. For that matter, you couldn't protect your own homestead with the musket (one "T") Mickey is carrying, either. Give PC a rest! (Maybe we could do it in with the musket?!)

I vote for being proud of our heritage. Afterall, if it weren't for those who went before us, we might not be able to enjoy a trip to FW at our whim, now could we?;)

I have to tell you...at first I was totally opposed to the new logo..and still like the mickey with his coon sking and rifle..however...my sister brought me back the new spare tire cover for the back of the trailer last week. It has the new logo
with Mickey and the walking stick....it is really cute ...I love it!
It is very colorful and looks updated.
I do wish that they had kept Mickey with the rifle..and just sort of updated the Davy Crocket look with the new colors they used in this newer model...but progress...and probably a little political correctness brought this on. Hey...at least he's still dressed as Davy Crocket with the coon skin hat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter