What does Disney have planned after "100 Yrs Celebration"?

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
February is quickly approaching and so is the end of the 100 years Celebration. Does anyone know what is in the works for the next "celebration"?

If not maybe we could come up with some ideas.

Here's mine:
"Dave's of the World Unite at WDW... for FREE!!"

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hey, works for me......

I don't know, but I'm really eager to find out! They always have someting new. I"m going to miss 100 years, so it had better be good!:confused:
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

There have been reports of a lot of "75 years with Mickey" logo apparel at the parks. Maybe they will do something special for the mouse.

I saw the 75 years of the mouse apparel creeping into the stores in October. I'll be there the first day AFTER the 100 years....boo hoo, but I've seen it three times.
How about this...
"Disney for kids at heart!"
If you're younger than the mouse, pay child admission.

As I said in a previous post, Disney does not need a themed celebration year after year... it takes away from it being special when they do have one. All of Disney is special and can stand on its own, without all of the hype of another "celebration".

Disney celebrates Magic 365 days a year, every year!

Disney does not need a themed celebration year after year... it takes away from it being special when they do have one

I recall the big hype with the castle looking as a birthday cake in 97 or 98. Isn't that when all these year-long celebration things kicked in? Seems to me, at least... Then there was the Millennium celebration. Just when I rushed to put our pictures on the sad looking and positioned legacy walls it turned out that people can keep etching images. Then Walt had a birthday...

I agree, hoopla gets a little old.

Seems like I found evidence of hokie celebrations of the past, before the castle cake horror. I found some photos this weekend from my second vacation to WDW when I was six. Tell me they did not have a "TENCENNIAL," I think that's what they called it, celebration. I don't remember the parades and such, but it was only the MK back then, and I found the hoopla etched with plants in front of the train station and around the castle area.

I think they have always had some kind of "celebration" going on.
I remeber seeing the 60th birthday parade for Donald Duck!!
But I think the 25th birthday thing was what started the CRAZE!!!!
Disney went all out to market it, etc and saw the success. Then did the Millennium Celebration....which was another successful marketing project. But EVERYONE was celebrating the Millennium!!! because it truely was an event !!!

Now, I think with this 100 years thing....they are realizing that they can't exploit every little milestone and make it successful!

Having simple additions, such as slight changes to parades (add another float to celebrate the birthday), etc...that is okay....but....

IMHO....time to take a break from this exploitation of events and just get back to the basics of making MAGIC!!

Isn't it suppose to be the 20th year anniversary of Epcot? I know the park opened in October of 1982. Isn't there anything planned for that?:):):)

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

imho - i think that they'll start something in october - like they always do - because mickey's big b-day is in november - so they'll probably keep the same parades and then change it -

though they don't need to make all celebrations big - they'll probably change so that they can get repeat guests who'll see new parades - they want to keep them coming back and if they don't do something new then they won't come back

I'm an ex-cast member - worked in Orlando at Walt DisneyWorld Advertising, now affectionately named "Yellow Shoes Creative."
They'll do another celebration believe me. It'll start in October. I could ask my friends there what it's going to be but they aren't suppose to leak the info. I knew about 100 years about 1 year prior. It's just the way it's packaged. It's kind of fun though...but I agree they should concentrate on getting back to basics and creating magic.

Get this - for 100 Years one thing did get killed that I'm glad about. There was to be a giant Ferris Wheel at MGM. I can't remember the details and how the Ferris Wheel tied in but it was going to stay up (just like the awful hat). I think tacky icons and carnival type structures have no place at WDW. (nope...I don't like the new area at AK - sorry I can't remember the name but you know what I'm talking about)

PamNC

Don't tell me the HAT is staying? It blocks the Chinese Mann theater at the End of the Blvd!! I didn't mind it being there for the 15 months...but it's STAYING?

I received the NEW VIDEO for this year (vacation edition 2003), and the theme appears to be...really no theme (which I agree, is nice). It's kind of a "WHERE MAGIC LIVES", one. If you haven't seen or ordered your copy yet~be sure to get one asap. I know...they are corny, and sappy...and seemingly monotonous...but~for Disney-itis fanatics, they are TRADITION! LOL!:p

I think that jdads2 had the best idea of all- Dave of the World Unite at WDW- for Free!! Sign me up!!:)

Isn't it suppose to be the 20th year anniversary of Epcot? I know the park opened in October of 1982. Isn't there anything planned for that?

Cindala, please don't give them ideas!

I only hope that they have a sense of beauty if they plant one more thing anywhere. Heck, those walls killed Epcot's view of Spaceship Earth, the Hat covered another great area... I hate it when they make Disney look like their living rooms...

We were at WDW over the holidays and several cast members told us the "75 Years of Mickey" celebration would begin when the "100 Year..." celebration was over...:rolleyes:

Off topic.......speaking of the hat......
FYI....we were there in Oct and I purchased a new sweatshirt. It was one that was brand new, they had just received them during the time we were there.
It is a great sweatshirt!!!:)
But anyway.....It has Mickey about 4 inches high embroidered in the middle and on either side are the 4 park icons.
The castle for MK
Tree for AK
Spaceship Earth for Epcot
AND........
The HAT for the Disney Studios.:rolleyes:
So I think it is here to stay!!!!
It is the new icon. and everything we saw in Oct that was "new" had the HAT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter