What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? With other great tips for your sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to call it a night. Been making magnets for about 3 hours now. I hate to think what I will be doing when I get my order in from the company that I ordered 100 magnet sheets from this week. Give me strength to not use all of them right away .:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gonna have to book several staterooms to use them all. I'm sure I'll be sharing them with other passengers.

krdisneybound said:
You sure can. Not sure which Mickey snorkle gear you mean. But I just came off the Magic and I bought several postcards and it might be one that I scanned or took with my camera on Castaway Cay.

I am always looking for good pictures to put on magnets and/or pictures.

Which post did I put that in??? Sorry, I forget.

I'm sorry I looked at the wrong username. It's getting late and I need to call it a night too! :eek:

Below is a copy of the door sign I made for our August 2006 cruise. It's one of the double dip cruises to Castaway Cay in 2006.

Cruisin%20Castaways%202006%20sign.jpg

O.k., for those who made door signs that are larger than 8 1/2" x 11" or even 8 1/2" X 14"...how did you do it? Did you print out your text and then layout the pictures and other goodies on your larger sheet of paper? Or did you go to a print shop like Kinkos and have them print out your larger sign there? :confused3

Sorry, I haven't made any signs larger than 8-1/2 x 11. But there is banner paper out there, for sure. You're getting big time now, girlie. :rotfl: :rotfl:

But I would say Kinko's or Office Depot would be the place to go for them to print it without breaks in the paper

If you do make a banner, please let us see it

krdisneybound said:
Sorry, I haven't made any signs larger than 8-1/2 x 11. But there is banner paper out there, for sure. You're getting big time now, girlie. :rotfl: :rotfl:

But I would say Kinko's or Office Depot would be the place to go for them to print it without breaks in the paper

I just have to laugh! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
A banner sounds tempting. Insert evil laugh here! pirate: :smooth:

taeja71 said:
I just have to laugh! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
A banner sounds tempting. Insert evil laugh here! pirate: :smooth:

You can string the banner in your room from wall to wall.

I like that idea. :rotfl: :rotfl:

akasleepingbeauty said:
diznylnd - do you mind telling me where you found the mickey snorkeling picture? I love that one and have not been able to find it. If you have it or remember where you found it, I would love to know!!

I got my backgrounds from disneys desktop stop, I just saved the wallpaper's I liked to my computer and added lettering. Here is the link:

http://disney.go.com/desktopstop/characters/classic/index.html

Hope this helps you. The minnie swimming is in Mickey and friends Wallpaper tab.

TTFN

Banners, man I never thought about making banners, LOL!!! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I almost forgot about this, here is a copy of the door sign I made for our August 2004 cruise.
San%20Juan%20Sojourners%20door%20magnet.jpg

krdisneybound said:

:jumping1: ::yes:: :hyper: :scratchin krdisneybound, look what you started- way to go! A whole can of worms have been opened! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FIRST STATEROOM BANNER- hint! hint! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :thewave: :jumping3:

dznyland - thank you so much for the site. I guess I should have started at the official Disney site, huh? Sometimes the obvious is so easy to miss!

I have now used up several hours of time searching for appropriate Disney clipart for our door decorations and t-shirts. There is a lot out there but it is hard to find ones that are the right "theme" and are large enough/detailed enough to use. Hopefully it will be worth it in the long run though!

krdisneybound said:
OK - give us a good one.

Can't wait to see it

I've got to get me some banner paper first, LOL!!! :rotfl: Shucks, lunchtime is over, I've got to get back to work. :guilty:

I found some adhesive magnet sheets at JoAnn fabric. I bought a 5" x 7" sheet for 1.99, and they also had a sheet that was 2.99 for a 9" x 12" sheet. That would seem to solve the problem of making a sign bigger than 8 1/2" x 11". You could print out your pics on normal printer paper (or thicker paper if you wanted), and then stick it to the magnet. TIP: Do this slowly to avoid the sign being crooked or having bubbles or lines in it. You could also put shapes on it and cut around it. I've not made a sign yet, but I plan to for our cruise this Sept. and really like seeing everyone's designs.

donaldsgal said:
I found some adhesive magnet sheets at JoAnn fabric. I bought a 5" x 7" sheet for 1.99, and they also had a sheet that was 2.99 for a 9" x 12" sheet. That would seem to solve the problem of making a sign bigger than 8 1/2" x 11". You could print out your pics on normal printer paper (or thicker paper if you wanted), and then stick it to the magnet. TIP: Do this slowly to avoid the sign being crooked or having bubbles or lines in it. You could also put shapes on it and cut around it. I've not made a sign yet, but I plan to for our cruise this Sept. and really like seeing everyone's designs.

Cool. We have a JoAnn Fabrics here in Ft. Lauderdale. Maybe I take a little trip when our rain lets up within the next day or so.

Am going to WDW on Wednesday, so if I don't get there by tomorrow evening, I'll go when I get back.

Thanks for the info

VERANDAH MAN: Let us know where you get the banner paper. It's gonna look good on your verandah(s).

Glad I mentioned the banners. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Here is the specific pic you want. Just right click on it and save it to your computer. I hope this helps you. :flower:

classic_wp_05_1024.jpg

Thanks for Mickey Snorkeling. I saved that one also. He's cute.

Thanks a heap :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter