What exactly is so bad about the pirate night food, and is anything good?

Lol...take pirate night away and people will complain about that. People complain. Doesn't mean they are right or the majority or should even be listened to. In this case we like pirate night but do wish the food every night could be upgraded a bit. Regardless it's still better than what we routinely cook at home. So not complaining.

For us there isn't anything WRONG with it so much as it just misses the mark on what its trying to do.

Some of it SOUNDS flavorful, with their chili salsas, jerks, and curries but they are bland if you're the kind of person who likes spice. Then you have their tendency to overcook meat and these entrees are big wedges of meat... the dessert menu can be hit or miss depending on your tastes. I know a lot of people who dislike tropical flavors - coconut, pineapple and even banana.
This is exactly where I stand. I always wanted to love that menu and never find anything that tastes as good as it sounds.

On the other hand I love the Enchanted Graden menu that many people seem to hate.

It’s my 2nd favorite menu 🤷🏻‍♀️

The salad is amazing, the jerk chicken is really good, breads good and the dessert one of my favorites.

I’d rather eat that either of the animators menus.. I find the main one horrid and the second one almost as bad. It’s been years since I’ve not gotten the “light side” menu there.

This is exactly where I stand. I always wanted to love that menu and never find anything that tastes as good as it sounds.

On the other hand I love the Enchanted Graden menu that many people seem to hate.
The Enchanted Garden main menu is our groups absolute favorite menu.

I think it’s the only one I get sometimes from every grouping (& 2-3 desserts of the same item)

The Enchanted Garden main menu is our groups absolute favorite menu.

I think it’s the only one I get sometimes from every grouping (& 2-3 desserts of the same item)
What menu items are your favorite? For my family, our favorite restaurant is Royal Palace. We all love the escargot (and get the fried brie to share), French Onion Soup and the Chateaubriand.

I ordered the jerk chicken and I liked it but it was milder than I would like. I mentioned it the my server when sheasked hiw was. She told me next time I order it to let the server know that I can take spice and they can serve a more traditional version. We really enjoyed everything else we ate on pirate night.

I liked it this time around compared to 2014. But I think I was more upset about 2014 because they changed Pirate Night due to weather so while we had booked Palo for the night that was supposed to be pirate night, we weren't able to move it to the new pirate night. So we ate pirate food in Royal Palace and missed their regular menu.

I loved the mango soup and the jerk chicken.

I’ve only sailed once, on the Wish, and pirate night was my second favorite menu! The cornbread was delicious as were the crab cakes. The chicken was juicy and tender. I really enjoyed it. Actually, I liked it more than Arendelle, but not as much as 1923. I missed marvel to do Palo, so I can’t comment on that one.

I actually was just talking about this with my mom today. Pirate night isn't exactly bad but in my opinion its not up to par with how amazing everything is the rest of the nights. Its not my favorite menu at all but we love as a family celebrating pirate night and dressing up.

In my opinion the menu was just "good" not "great" like the rest of the nights.

For us there isn't anything WRONG with it so much as it just misses the mark on what its trying to do.

Some of it SOUNDS flavorful, with their chili salsas, jerks, and curries but they are bland if you're the kind of person who likes spice. Then you have their tendency to overcook meat and these entrees are big wedges of meat... the dessert menu can be hit or miss depending on your tastes. I know a lot of people who dislike tropical flavors - coconut, pineapple and even banana.

You hit the nail on the head for me too. For example, jerk chicken sounds fantastic (and is if done right), but DCL just doesn't excel as adding proper amounts of spice to dishes like that. DCL is catering to the most mild pallets in too many dishes for fear of people turning food back and wasting it.

I generally like any kind of chicken, but I've found the jerk chicken so dry on pirate night that I can't eat it. Nothing else is exciting to me. But as platinum we now have a free Palo meal so it works perfectly to go to Palo that night.

I’ve only sailed once, on the Wish, and pirate night was my second favorite menu! The cornbread was delicious as were the crab cakes. The chicken was juicy and tender. I really enjoyed it. Actually, I liked it more than Arendelle, but not as much as 1923. I missed marvel to do Palo, so I can’t comment on that one.
The food in Marvel is frankly okay, but it is the best restaurant experience if you are a Marvel fan. We're HUGE Marvel fans, so we ate up (pun intended) all of the Marvel entertainment in that restaurant.

The food in Marvel is frankly okay, but it is the best restaurant experience if you are a Marvel fan. We're HUGE Marvel fans, so we ate up (pun intended) all of the Marvel entertainment in that restaurant.
The food in Marvel was my favorite of all 3 restaurants on the Wish. (Just goes to show we all have different palates, likes, etc.).

The food in Marvel was my favorite of all 3 restaurants on the Wish. (Just goes to show we all have different palates, likes, etc.).
Mine too! Actually the Wish was my least favorite ship but by far in my opinion the best food!
Our family has very different tastes and all enjoyed the Wish offerings more than the other ships.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter