What Happens at the Beach Club... Travels with Teens, Take Two, (PTR) 4/6 p. 29

It looks like your room was in the section of the BC that does not have a 5th floor, aka club level, above it. I think your view and location must have been close to perfect.

ETA: We were in room 2582, which is essentially across the hall and two floors down from your room, 4581. Our room faced Epcot. We thought the location was great, since the room was fairly close to both the lobby and a secret exit to Epcot. :)

It certainly sounds like you and your roommates are going to get along quite well. :thumbsup2 The room looks quite lovely and roomy and the view is so pretty!

This all still blows me away. Where else but Disney would anyone willingly share a room with a stranger (at least in regards to having never met in person). I find that so fascinating and awesome!!

Oh my I adore that view. I could stare at that for hours. Thank you for the wonderful pictures (and of course for fulfilling your thread management duties) :thumbsup2. Tough job right? :)

Dee - ahhhh lovely view! Good pictures and you always thinking of the FAQ thread. It was really a wonderful room! So great we met you in the hallway, such timing. It was terrific! : )

Rebecca

Wow that view is just stunning! Had me wishing wistfully that I was there now instead here looking at a very rainy morning :)

Looks like a great room and view Dee! Is that a water view? It sounds like a dumb question but I know some garden view rooms have great views. I enjoy reading about DIS friends meeting up. What a great group of people!!

Kerry

I'm a little behind in catching up with your TR. Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of Disney?

Oh. Em. Gee! That poster had me laughing like a lunatic, Kudos to NM for pulling off such a fabulous stunt! Hijinks should be her middle name.

I'm sorry you were too late to see Teena on Sunday! Stupid bus!

That room view is spectacular! Wow! Gorgeous morning, noon and night! Seeing the room pictures tugged at my heart strings a little because I know the rooms will look different the next time we stay there. But change is good, right? Sigh....

Can't wait to read more! Hint, hint!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Looks like a great room, with a lovely view!

I loved the room and view! And pretty happy there was a daybed, too.

:thumbsup2

It looks like your room was in the section of the BC that does not have a 5th floor, aka club level, above it. I think your view and location must have been close to perfect.

ETA: We were in room 2582, which is essentially across the hall and two floors down from your room, 4581. Our room faced Epcot. We thought the location was great, since the room was fairly close to both the lobby and a secret exit to Epcot. :)

View and location were awesome. But I did have a lot of problems getting myself oriented. I have never stayed in that part of the resort before. Since it was situated between the lobby and the secret exit, I found myself using the exit stairs a lot, and sometimes they would bring me all the way to the ground floor and sometimes I took a different set of stairs that only brought me to the 2nd floor, then I had to go down another hallway.

:)

It certainly sounds like you and your roommates are going to get along quite well. :thumbsup2 The room looks quite lovely and roomy and the view is so pretty!

I had such a nice time staying with Rebecca and her mom! We spent some time together and some doing our own things and it was just perfect.

I am very thankful that we got such a nice room!

:goodvibes

This all still blows me away. Where else but Disney would anyone willingly share a room with a stranger (at least in regards to having never met in person). I find that so fascinating and awesome!!

Oh my I adore that view. I could stare at that for hours. Thank you for the wonderful pictures (and of course for fulfilling your thread management duties) :thumbsup2. Tough job right? :)

Isn't that funny! I loved telling people before my trip that I was staying with a woman I had never met before!

Actually I did stay with someone I didn't know during the Disney class trip of 2012- the other parent in my room was not someone I had met prior to staying with her. Let's just say that experience wasn't quite as pleasant!

It was an awesome view!

I did a sufficient job with the room pictures, but I totally failed on the measurements. I brought along a tape measure (for the fridge, safe and the wall separating the bathroom area that someone had asked about) but I never unpacked it.

:sad2:

Dee - ahhhh lovely view! Good pictures and you always thinking of the FAQ thread. It was really a wonderful room! So great we met you in the hallway, such timing. It was terrific! : )

Rebecca

It certainly was a much nicer way for me to see room than just coming in to an empty room. The timing was very lucky, and I hope I didn't make you too late for your dinner!

Wow that view is just stunning! Had me wishing wistfully that I was there now instead here looking at a very rainy morning :)

Yes, an amazing view and I too wish I were still there now!

:cool2:

Looks like a great room and view Dee! Is that a water view? It sounds like a dumb question but I know some garden view rooms have great views. I enjoy reading about DIS friends meeting up. What a great group of people!!

Kerry

Not a dumb question at all, and I don't have a definitive answer. I think that the room is classified as a garden view, but it was not a bad view of the lake, either.

I wish I had an updated room map showing the "new" room view classifications.

As you know, from meeting some of the people in this group, it truly is a magical bunch of friends! I missed meeting you, but I am glad that you were able to make it for the inaugural meet!

I'm a little behind in catching up with your TR. Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of Disney?

Oh. Em. Gee! That poster had me laughing like a lunatic, Kudos to NM for pulling off such a fabulous stunt! Hijinks should be her middle name.

I'm sorry you were too late to see Teena on Sunday! Stupid bus!

That room view is spectacular! Wow! Gorgeous morning, noon and night! Seeing the room pictures tugged at my heart strings a little because I know the rooms will look different the next time we stay there. But change is good, right? Sigh....

Can't wait to read more! Hint, hint!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yup, that pesky life thing. I know you started school already. My boys go on Tuesday. Had two meetings today (Be a Buddy, Not a Bully) and a theatre group meeting. Tomorrow I bring Nate to take his learner's permit test :scared1: and then I have to pick up a BBQ grill my dad won in a raffle.

Can you believe it???? Unfortunately, I can.

It really was a funny antic, but it just goes to show you that Staples really should perform a background check before they will sell a laminator to just anyone!

I'll be excited to see the new room décor.

I'll do my best to get the next update posted soon. I have it mostly written, but I have a mega-Disneyland update I am almost ready to post on my other report first.

:cool1:

I did not know you had this going. :eek:

Back to read and catch up later.

No worries. I didn't send out a bat-signal or anything. I posted on FB, but you were at your own little M&G/moving project when I posted.

No worries. I didn't send out a bat-signal or anything. I posted on FB, but you were at your own little M&G/moving project when I posted.

Well, that explains it. It's all Danielle's fault. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm caught up now. I loved the intros and the pictures of the previous meet with them holding pictures of you.

Sorry about the pool and the refrigerator. It's always something.

I was :rotfl: over the wanted posters.

I have to say if I had the room you were in this trip (much nicer than our villa last year) and had that view, I might have had a more favorable reaction of the Beach Club.

Can't wait to hear about the fireworks.

"Ha! Ha! Dee- We beat you to the Beach Club!!! Love, NinjaMom and JanetMom"

Ok THAT's funny! :rotfl2: Note to self - No more practice selfies! :rotfl2:

Love the room. What a gorgeous view!!!!

Your trip is off to a great start. Well, except for the spoiled milk. Yuck!

View and location were awesome. But I did have a lot of problems getting myself oriented. I have never stayed in that part of the resort before. Since it was situated between the lobby and the secret exit, I found myself using the exit stairs a lot, and sometimes they would bring me all the way to the ground floor and sometimes I took a different set of stairs that only brought me to the 2nd floor, then I had to go down another hallway.

That section of the BC can be a real maze. We could get from the lobby to our room and from the room to a secret exit to Epcot. But I could not for the life of me find a way to the quiet pool without having to take the elevator. There were no stairs to it from our section. :confused3

Oh.... there were adventures alright! I had two Sunken Treasures that first Sunday of the trip... and I'm not a drinker. :sad2: The First Sunken Treasure was when I snuck up on Couchy at the bar in the Crews Cup lounge. She was so busy talking to some one on her right that I sat down on her left and ordered "A SUNKEN TREASURE PLEASE!" The poor woman got whiplash she turned around so fast to see who knew how to order that drink! It was great to catch up with Couchy, who was crushed she was going to miss the Dis Meet. Before she departed she was totally encouraging me to post that Donkey Selfie welcoming Dee to WDW.

I also had the chance to sneak up on JanetMom as she was checking in. Teena told me she was at the front desk as I returned from my room to head to Walmart. I snuck up beside her and loudly asked the front Desk CM if "This Woman was bothering you!". The look on the CM's face was priceless and poor Mr. JanetMom was completely confused for a very brief second.

That night I had a lovely dinner at the Crews Cup lounge with my DH. That was that evenings second (and final) Sunken Treasure. DH and I split the onion rings and I ordered the short rib with risotto dinner. The risotto was not at all like the one they serve at Le Cellier, which is now in a cheesy bacon incarnation instead of a cheesy mushroom concoction that they used to serve. The short rib was so tender no teeth were needed to eat it.... so remember that the next time you find yourself at WDW with relatives that don't have their choppers with them. 9 out of 10 dentists recommend the Crews Cup Short rib and Risotto dish for toothless guests.

I was done after that dinner and those drinks so I went back to the room to rest up. Little did I know that my social activities were not finished for the night...

~NM

Oh.... there were adventures alright! Little did I know that my social activities were not finished for the night...~NM

DEE, You better get busy or the rest of the crew is going to start telling their stories here (wait, what am I complaining about, that sounds like a great idea!). NM, I have to really complement you on the way you keep these things going. Thanks

Katesdad

I also had the chance to sneak up on JanetMom as she was checking in. Teena told me she was at the front desk as I returned from my room to head to Walmart. I snuck up beside her and loudly asked the front Desk CM if "This Woman was bothering you!". The look on the CM's face was priceless and poor Mr. JanetMom was completely confused for a very brief second.

~NM

This was definitely a trip of unexpected adventures. It was amusing that we hadn't even made it through check in and had already met up with Teena and NM. And yes, Mr. JanetMom was completely confused. At the end of our first encounter he had no idea who you were, it all happened so fast. I of course knew who you were before I even turned around - I knew it was only you who would come up and say "is this woman bothering you".

I do think the CM checking us in was completely confused too (so much so that only my magic band worked, but will save that story for another time.)

DEE, You better get busy or the rest of the crew is going to start telling their stories here (wait, what am I complaining about, that sounds like a great idea!). NM, I have to really complement you on the way you keep these things going. Thanks

Katesdad

There will be many different versions of this trip report floating around, but we want to hear Dee's side of the story (before NM takes total control.)

Well, that explains it. It's all Danielle's fault. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm caught up now. I loved the intros and the pictures of the previous meet with them holding pictures of you.

Sorry about the pool and the refrigerator. It's always something.

I was :rotfl: over the wanted posters.

I have to say if I had the room you were in this trip (much nicer than our villa last year) and had that view, I might have had a more favorable reaction of the Beach Club.

Can't wait to hear about the fireworks.

It was certainly an eventful start to the trip.

Everyone who frequents the BC/YC FAQ thread is familiar with NinjaMom's antics, so I would like to say the "welcome" poster shocked me, but it didn't!

:rotfl2:

It was definitely a great room. I know that some of the BC rooms have some problems, and I am hoping that the upcoming renovations will address as many of those issues as possible.

Fireworks coming right up!

Ok THAT's funny! :rotfl2: Note to self - No more practice selfies! :rotfl2:

Love the room. What a gorgeous view!!!!

Your trip is off to a great start. Well, except for the spoiled milk. Yuck!

The posters set the tone for the trip. And of course I learned the lesson of being careful of what I post on the internet.

Not!

:lmao:

Fantastic room!

Yeah, the milk thing was gross, but I didn't have time to deal with it so I let Mark know, and fortunately he took care of it. I'm glad it wasn't still there when I got home

:eek:

That section of the BC can be a real maze. We could get from the lobby to our room and from the room to a secret exit to Epcot. But I could not for the life of me find a way to the quiet pool without having to take the elevator. There were no stairs to it from our section. :confused3

I'm actually glad to hear you say that. I felt like an idiot because I could not get my bearings. Thankful for the signs with the room numbers.

Waiting for more adventures!!!

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Soon!

Yeah - what she said.

Working on it!

Oh.... there were adventures alright! I had two Sunken Treasures that first Sunday of the trip... and I'm not a drinker. :sad2: The First Sunken Treasure was when I snuck up on Couchy at the bar in the Crews Cup lounge. She was so busy talking to some one on her right that I sat down on her left and ordered "A SUNKEN TREASURE PLEASE!" The poor woman got whiplash she turned around so fast to see who knew how to order that drink! It was great to catch up with Couchy, who was crushed she was going to miss the Dis Meet. Before she departed she was totally encouraging me to post that Donkey Selfie welcoming Dee to WDW.

That night I had a lovely dinner at the Crews Cup lounge with my DH. That was that evenings second (and final) Sunken Treasure. DH and I split the onion rings and I ordered the short rib with risotto dinner. The risotto was not at all like the one they serve at Le Cellier, which is now in a cheesy bacon incarnation instead of a cheesy mushroom concoction that they used to serve. The short rib was so tender no teeth were needed to eat it.... so remember that the next time you find yourself at WDW with relatives that don't have their choppers with them. 9 out of 10 dentists recommend the Crews Cup Short rib and Risotto dish for toothless guests.

I was done after that dinner and those drinks so I went back to the room to rest up. Little did I know that my social activities were not finished for the night...

~NM

Thanks for sharing these stories (which did indeed take place)- and right in the proper sequence in the story.

Loving your TR already! :rotfl2:

Lissette

:welcome: and THANKS!!!

Katesdad

That's a great idea! Let everyone contribute a little bit to the story like we used to do in school. Doesn't matter if the stories are true or not, but I think in the case of this trip, Truth is Stranger Than Fiction

More to come soon!

This was definitely a trip of unexpected adventures. It was amusing that we hadn't even made it through check in and had already met up with Teena and NM. And yes, Mr. JanetMom was completely confused. At the end of our first encounter he had no idea who you were, it all happened so fast. I of course knew who you were before I even turned around - I knew it was only you who would come up and say "is this woman bothering you".

I do think the CM checking us in was completely confused too (so much so that only my magic band worked, but will save that story for another time.)

There will be many different versions of this trip report floating around, but we want to hear Dee's side of the story (before NM takes total control.)

Definitely a group report!

:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter