What happens if you don't fill on advanced passenger information?

gemmybear83

<font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<
Not really an issue for us but for family who don't seem to understand they need to complete this, what happens if you dont fill it in online (they have done their estas).

I know that we never filled it out this year and was asked by security where we were staying, so dont think its a real issue not unless this has changed.

They will have to provide the info at the airport, easier online, time consuming at the desk.

"A final alternative is to provide your API at the airport check in desk, however it is strongly recommended that you provide it in advance of check in using the alternatives above. If you are checking in at the airport and have not already provided your API, please remember to have a note of your address in the US to hand."
Taken from here:
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/passengerinformation/index/apifrequentlyaskedquestions.jsp

Having never done mine online before, I decided to make a point of it this year as we were flying with VA from Glasgow and I had heard about the long, slow moving check-in ....

When we got to check in it turned out that the system wasn't linked to whatever it needed to be linked to :confused3 so everyone had to do it at the desk anyway, whether or not it had been done online :mad:

Oh well.

There is no problem doing it at the desk but as Wayne says, it should save you time doing it online (as long as you don't fly from Glasgow :lmao:

Not transatlantic, but we flew with Thomson to Greece earlier in the year, and I didn't fill the info in on time (partly laziness and partly the website saying you could do it up to 48 hours before then not letting me). I got all sorts of warnings about not being able to fly, so I called and was told they'd do it at the airport.

At the airport the check-in agent scanned our passports through the reader and checked us in. I asked about the API and they said that was taken when the passports were scanned. Waste of time.

That said, with the US I'd try to do it beforehand just to make sure...

Thanks everyone, I am trying to educate my future in laws over the merits of checking in online the day before, but they don't get it!

They can stand in a 2 hour queue on their own!:lmao:

we didnt do our api info when we went to majorca this year as we only booked 2 days before !!
however i will be doing it this time i want everything to be right
(although to be honest as my mums a travel agent i am getting her to do it and help with my estas !! )

When we flew to NYC in september we got asked at check in and had to give our hotel address.

Just done some Googling, came across a few people saying you edit passenger info and add it there.

Just done some Googling, came across a few people saying you edit passenger info and add it there.

Ah, thanks! Haven't actually looked TBH - the thought just cropped up as I was reading this.

Not had to do it - we go VH - they pass the info needed to VA, and your passports are scanned at the airport. TBH would rather let them do it anyhow, I always end up typing the wrong stuff in the wrong box in online forms...

Not had to do it - we go VH - they pass the info needed to VA, and your passports are scanned at the airport. TBH would rather let them do it anyhow, I always end up typing the wrong stuff in the wrong box in online forms...

If you book flight inclusive your travel agent usually (not always, so check) does it for you.

If you book flight inclusive your travel agent usually (not always, so check) does it for you.

That's where my problem lies my future in laws booked their flight with Hays Travel, and for the priviledge paid £40 extra for them to do it rather than book online. I bit my tongue at this point and didnt say anything!!

It now turns out that they have filled in the passneger information incorrectly (put the wrong names in etc), and have put them at seats at the back of the plane rather than with the rest of us as requested.

I have to phone up Hays Travel and ask they to relinquish control of the booking and I will look after it from now on grrrr!:headache:

That's where my problem lies my future in laws booked their flight with Hays Travel, and for the priviledge paid £40 extra for them to do it rather than book online. I bit my tongue at this point and didnt say anything!!

It now turns out that they have filled in the passneger information incorrectly (put the wrong names in etc), and have put them at seats at the back of the plane rather than with the rest of us as requested.

I have to phone up Hays Travel and ask they to relinquish control of the booking and I will look after it from now on grrrr!:headache:

:headache: The trouble with the TAs is they sometimes get the most bizarre street addresses for your accommodtion :confused3:confused: I have no CLUE how Disney UK got POFQ's address but I did my own API this year and used the actual address, not the one on my reservation where even the street name was different.

I hope you get it sorted. What a cheek to charge to do the API. Thomas Cook did mine for nothing.

:headache: The trouble with the TAs is they sometimes get the most bizarre street addresses for your accommodtion :confused3:confused: I have no CLUE how Disney UK got POFQ's address but I did my own API this year and used the actual address, not the one on my reservation where even the street name was different.

I hope you get it sorted. What a cheek to charge to do the API. Thomas Cook did mine for nothing.

This was worse they had the wrong name and against different passengers and some of them were blank!

Tbh they should ask for their £40 back!

Tbh they should ask for their £40 back!

Absolutely!

As bad as Disney UK. Not API, but I emailed for my 12 digit reservation no last week. Ended up getting it on the phone (too impatient :laughing:) but what is unsettling is yesterday I got several emails in response all telling me that I can only get it next August :lmao:, but I noticed a few "recall" requests. When I opened the emails to see what they were wanting to recall, it turned out they had sent me other guests' reservation queries in error, complete with their booking details, etc. Made me wonder if my info had been circulated too :scared1: I am minded to express my disapproval at this. :sad2:

Absolutely!

As bad as Disney UK. Not API, but I emailed for my 12 digit reservation no last week. Ended up getting it on the phone (too impatient :laughing:) but what is unsettling is yesterday I got several emails in response all telling me that I can only get it next August :lmao:, but I noticed a few "recall" requests. When I opened the emails to see what they were wanting to recall, it turned out they had sent me other guests' reservation queries in error, complete with their booking details, etc. Made me wonder if my info had been circulated too :scared1: I am minded to express my disapproval at this. :sad2:

Holy mackerel!!!! :scared1: :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter