What holiday foods have you liked?

PHXscuba

Mouseketeer since birth!
Looking for reviews of the special holiday foods available -- Festival of the Holidays, seasonal churros and other desserts, savory foods, etc. Good/bad/meh?

If you thought something was good but overpriced, how does it compare to other in-park alternatives (vs. the outside world)?

Thanks for any feedback before our food-heavy trip in a few weeks!

PHXscuba

Festival of the Holiday items I've tried so far:

The Barbacoa Tamal - This is hit or miss. The flavor is there, the masa isn't dry and it's lightly spicy, if that. It comes with a drizzle of crema and covered in tomatillo sauce, which complements the tamal with some acidity; the tamal has Oaxaca cheese in it. The temperature varied from room temp to warm. I've had two since the start of the festival, and I would recommend if you have the Sip/Savor Pass.

The Turkey Empanada - It's delicious; basically a Turkey hot pocket with stuffing inside and a side of cranberry sauce. It's a decent size for an empanada.

The Shrimp Taco at Paradise Grill - It's on the salty side, with a medium spicy chipotle kick. I enjoyed it, but again, only with the Sip/Savor; I wouldn't purchase the full entree.

Mango Melon Lassi - Refreshing, fruity and sweet. I would buy this w/o the Sip/Savor Pass.

Candy Cane Beignets at Mint Julep Bar - delicious! It's the first time I've tried a Mickey Beignet as I normally order Ralph's Jazz Kitchen Express Beignets in DTD. The Mickey Beignets were delicious, and you do need the $1 and some change chocolate sauce on the side.

Holiday Turkey Sandwich at Earl's - It's a classic, filling savory/sweet. I recommend for a holiday entree outside the parks.

Festival of the Holiday items I've tried so far:

The Barbacoa Tamal - This is hit or miss. The flavor is there, the masa isn't dry and it's lightly spicy, if that. It comes with a drizzle of crema and covered in tomatillo sauce, which complements the tamal with some acidity; the tamal has Oaxaca cheese in it. The temperature varied from room temp to warm. I've had two since the start of the festival, and I would recommend if you have the Sip/Savor Pass.

The Turkey Empanada - It's delicious; basically a Turkey hot pocket with stuffing inside and a side of cranberry sauce. It's a decent size for an empanada.

The Shrimp Taco at Paradise Grill - It's on the salty side, with a medium spicy chipotle kick. I enjoyed it, but again, only with the Sip/Savor; I wouldn't purchase the full entree.

Mango Melon Lassi - Refreshing, fruity and sweet. I would buy this w/o the Sip/Savor Pass.

Candy Cane Beignets at Mint Julep Bar - delicious! It's the first time I've tried a Mickey Beignet as I normally order Ralph's Jazz Kitchen Express Beignets in DTD. The Mickey Beignets were delicious, and you do need the $1 and some change chocolate sauce on the side.

Holiday Turkey Sandwich at Earl's - It's a classic, filling savory/sweet. I recommend for a holiday entree outside the parks.
Thanks for the reviews! Definitely going to try the beignets and will look at your tip to add the chocolate sauce.

These are probably fairly standard, but the Mickey Mouse Christmas Cake Pop was delicious! Thick, dark, chocolatey inside and nice coating.
Similarly the peppermint/candy canes marshmallow wand was really good too!

If you want the Darth by Chocolate mobile order really early!

So far we have tried the nog chata (at cozy cones). Delicious, but didn’t get any feel of alcohol. Lol

Gingerbread shake at flos. Yummy. But didn’t really taste like gingerbread to me. The little Bundt cake it comes with though is amazing!! Wish they offered a larger version of it.

Espresso cookie butter sundae at Golden Horseshoe. So yummy! Absolutely loved it. Would get again.

Hoping to try the Carmel churro shake at smokejumpers tomorrow. And maybe a gingerbread churro. I have a huge list of food that I know I will probably never get to. Lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter