What hotel offsite?

Winidpooh

Earning My Ears
We will be going to Universal for the first time in six years with two children under the age of 4 years old. We would like to stay off site in a nice hotel fairly close but not to expensive. Does anyone have any reccomendations?
Sincerely,
Tracy G.

Hi, Tracy:

There are plenty hotels in the USF area offsite that are reasonable and nice. Priceline is an excellent source for getting a NICE hotel for a very reasonable price. All of the 3 star accommodations are good hotels and can be gotten for $25 to $40 a night. Check www.biddingfortravel.com for hints on how to get one or PM me.

USO, I've never heard of the Peamont hotel, is that the correct name?

As I recall, the Peabody is not a cheap place. Are you referring about the hotel with the famouse Peabody ducks? A room there is around $150-$200 a night or even more! It is a nice place, though if you have the $.

The Peabody is light years from being an economy hotel. Speaking of evacuees, the Peabody was evacuated for some reason while I was there two weeks ago. It was on the news that an exclusive I-Drive hotel was evacuated that night. I was just happy it wasn't the one that I was in! :earseek:

Actually, two good not too expensive hotels are the Best Western Movieland and the Clarion Universal. You can book them through the DIS on the hotel discounts link. They're both across the street from Wet N Wild and about a mile from Universal. It's less than a 5 minute drive to the Universal parks. The Best Western Movieland starts at $36 a night. The Clarion Universal starts at $49 a night. I've stayed at both and they're good properties.

Hey Robin,
We were driving by the Peabody when we saw all the fire trucks pull in there. My kids were concerned for the ducks hoping they were all ok. The next day, I was reading the paper (perk from Loews membership) and read that there was a small fire somewhere in the hotel that caused the evacuation. And of course, the paper did say that the duck were not hurt!
jodi

LOL, jacee! That's exactly what my son was concerned about! the ducks, Mommy, what about the ducks???!!

Now we know how prominent the Peabody ducks are! :)

BTW, more economy hotels can be found on Kirkman Drive, like the Holiday Inn, Days Inn, and Radisson. You can actually see the Universal parking garages across the street!

Does the Peabody have a good shuttle? I would love to stay there someday just so we can see the famous ducks. I understand that it's a really nice hotel too. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter