What I Over Heard About Next DVC

My vote is it isn't happening. That tower is meant for convention business. That would allow them to close the garden wing of the Contemporary and make that the next DVC property if they wish to.
Exactly what I have said. Note that while Riviera took land from CBR it is not part of CBR. The tower is explicitly promoted as part of CSR. All the promo and design shots talk about it as CSR. It'll be hard to sell it at $200+ per point when it's at a moderate resort, sharing 100% of amenities with a moderate resort, and one that hosts the mid-range conventions at that. The project just can't be DVC. Not with how hard they have worked to promote Riviera as "high end," with full and complete separation from CBR via the construction projects there. The construction projects at CSR are designed to fully integrate the tower to the resort.

They just updated the main convention center at Boardwalk, and are updating the CSR center. They can shift almost everything to those and take the land near MK.

Last edited:
The relative availability of Aulani inside 7 months suggests points being used elsewhere. I think a good number of people bought Aulani because it was what was being sold, especially in the "add 25 direct points!" push of last year, and on cruises. The level of scrutiny people on DIS use for purchase does not seem to be the norm amongst owners at large.

It could be a lot of owners are using two years or more at time. A large number of locals purchased points and they only use them on weekends or during school vacations or breaks. Also a fair number of points were sold to Japanese guests that have not been traveling to WDW due to the economic problems. I don't think there is enough evidence to assume the points are used at WDW, besides the total number of sold points at Aulani is probably a drop in the bucket compared to SSR, VB and HHI which all have owners that only use their points at other resorts at WDW. So if some Aulani owners are using points at WDW and other WDW owners are using points at Aulani they should wipe each other out.

But even SSR availability has been showing some rough spots. Even if we look at OKW availability as impacted by building shutdowns for refurb, SSR is filling up faster and is less reliable even in "low" season.

When I was at the DVC lounge at Epcot yesterday, I told the guy, “My wife says you should open one of these at every park.”

He said, “Yeah, if you can come up with the money to pay for it. This one here at Epcot is only scheduled to be open through the nd of the year.”

Considering that Site 89 just signed an architect and a construction manager, I think that the next resort with a DVC component will be at the old River Country.

When I was at the DVC lounge at Epcot yesterday, I told the guy, “My wife says you should open one of these at every park.”

He said, “Yeah, if you can come up with the money to pay for it. This one here at Epcot is only scheduled to be open through the nd of the year.”

They've said that since it opened. And they keep extending it. I'm sure it'll be open for awhile more to come.

Any chance Disney ever goes to a tiered system where local WDW resorts have a higher priority booking window vs HH, AUL, VB etc... ? Maybe local resort get 7 month booking and non-local 5 or something like that...

Any chance Disney ever goes to a tiered system where local WDW resorts have a higher priority booking window vs HH, AUL, VB etc... ? Maybe local resort get 7 month booking and non-local 5 or something like that...

It would be difficult as the current condo association requires all member resorts to have the same windows.

I don't think it's be feasible to do so as you ask, too many hurdles, esp legal ones. However, I do see a VIP system as doable though that would be problematic as well. Some will tell you a VIP system also has too many legal hoops but I'd suggest it could happen though I doubt it will at this late date.

Here is the problem with availability: No unsold inventory.

The only inventory that is not completely owned by DVC members is Aulani. This means that the pool is closed and full. Once they open up the Riviera, there will be new unsold inventory. Many rooms available to be booked into. This will encourage some people to move from other reservations at other locations to stay at the Riviera. This will then open up other reservations at other locations for everyone else.

So I think you can expect “tight spaces” whenever Disney runs out of inventory, until they build their next project. At such times, when there is no new inventory being put into the system, ownership of a particular home Resort becomes more valuable because it helps to guarantee a vacation at that resort.

Personally, I also am not in favor of Disney making any more DVC locations that are not on the property of Disney World or Disneyland. Why? Because that property at other locations just ends up feeding a lot of those people into our current reservation system for the properties on Disney Park land. So external properties put pressure on the rest of us.

Personally, I also am not in favor of Disney making any more DVC locations that are not on the property of Disney World or Disneyland. Why? Because that property at other locations just ends up feeding a lot of those people into our current reservation system for the properties on Disney Park land. So external properties put pressure on the rest of us.
It would depend on the demand for that resort for the whole year. Somewhere like south FL on the beach or Aruba could easily be workable with a good location. The issue with Aulani is more the sales than the usage but certainly that's been true for VB/HH over the years. IMO another 1 or better 2 well placed HI resorts could enhance Aulani as well as he system. But another very seasonal resort like HH/VB is more of an issue. Personally anything that gives me reasonable choices is a good thing even if it has a small impact on the 7 month window anyway. A resort at WDW with a demand in the SSR to AKV range will have a MUCH larger impact that even a large resort elsewhere would have assuming it had some inherent demand.

Here is the problem with availability: No unsold inventory.

The only inventory that is not completely owned by DVC members is Aulani. This means that the pool is closed and full. Once they open up the Riviera, there will be new unsold inventory. Many rooms available to be booked into. This will encourage some people to move from other reservations at other locations to stay at the Riviera. This will then open up other reservations at other locations for everyone else.

So I think you can expect “tight spaces” whenever Disney runs out of inventory, until they build their next project. At such times, when there is no new inventory being put into the system, ownership of a particular home Resort becomes more valuable because it helps to guarantee a vacation at that resort.
Unsold inventory isn't bookable for points until it is entered into DVC inventory. Most of it gets sold via Disney Reservation Center for cash stays.

Unsold inventory isn't bookable for points until it is entered into DVC inventory. Most of it gets sold via Disney Reservation Center for cash stays.

I'm sure Disney can wiggle it a bit. If a BCV buyer books Aulani, they could then sell a BCV villa for cash, or anything along those lines.

Aulani and Copper Creek are the only resorts that are not completely sold. And neither are fully declared. A fair number of owners of other resorts book rooms at both Aulani and Copper Creek. A large number of owners are always banking or borrowing their points and that means rooms don't open at the 7 month mark when owners book them at the 11 month mark. DVC does have leeway to change or suspend banking and borrowing.

Per the declarations for all the DVC resorts. DVCMC reserves the right, in its sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, to suspend, n whole or in part, or increase or decrease the amount of Banking and/or Borrowing activity at any time or from time to time if DVCMC, in its reasonable business judgement, determines the such suspension will be for the principal purpose of improving upon the quality and operation of the Vacation Ownership Plan and furthering the collective enjoyment of the use of the Vacation Homes by Club Members taken as a whole.

I doubt it really ever happen because so many members purchased small amounts of points in order to use them when banking and/or borrowing them. And DVC guides knew this reasoning and some suggested and many approved of the prospective owner's plan to bank and/or borrow. For those that need to bank/borrow it would definitely not further their enjoyment of the use of a Vacation Home as they wouldn't have enough points to book their regular vacation days/week.

Last edited:
I'm sure Disney can wiggle it a bit. If a BCV buyer books Aulani, they could then sell a BCV villa for cash, or anything along those lines.
Not if I'm understanding correctly what you're saying. They could not swap undeclared inventory at Aulani given to a buyer for declared inventory at a sold out resort. They could use points freed up to book inventory that was available and they could rent it if they wanted.

Not if I'm understanding correctly what you're saying. They could not swap undeclared inventory at Aulani given to a buyer for declared inventory at a sold out resort. They could use points freed up to book inventory that was available and they could rent it if they wanted.

If DVD owns certain rooms at Aulani, which have been declared but named to them, such as the 3% or so that they have at each resort, I'm sure they can trade it however best benefits them as long as it does not hurt other owners. If DVD does not own part of a property, like the hotel rooms that are not CC at Wilderness, then right, they can't touch those.

If DVD owns certain rooms at Aulani, which have been declared but named to them, such as the 3% or so that they have at each resort, I'm sure they can trade it however best benefits them as long as it does not hurt other owners. If DVD does not own part of a property, like the hotel rooms that are not CC at Wilderness, then right, they can't touch those.
They could use the actual points to book any available inventory subject to the home booking window, they cannot just generate a room or take a declared room giving an undeclared one, it'd have to all be declared and available or undeclared.

If it wasn't from a bus driver it means nothing.
LOL !!!! AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!! I got the only true info from the Bus Drivers on my trip. The resort desk staff was wrong every time I asked where something was ! Sure they had the correct park area, but Cape May Cafe is Not at Epcot! The Awesome Bus Driver called a van to take us from Epcot front gate to Beach Club so we weren’t late for breakfast ! Seven Days full of stories like that ! Of course that was before I downloaded the my Disney app. That stuff will never happen again lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter