What is a good adjustable bed. What mattress?

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Daughter wants a new bed that raises legs and chest. Wondering what brands are good. How to pick a good mattress

We have a split king adjustable bed. Bought Beauty Rest carbon series twin XL mattresses and Beauty Rest platform. Most mattress companies make a mattress that can be used on an adjustable bed. It's just a matter of finding what is the most comfortable one for you. We went with the Beauty Rest because it was really soft/comfortable and felt luxurious to us. Went with the Beauty Rest platform because it was adjustable in that we were able to make it fit within our existing bed frame which was important to me. I did not want to buy another one or just have a headboard attached to the platform. There is a lot of information on line, just do your research first and find your best price. Presidents Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day is supposed to be a good time to buy a new mattress.

We have a split king adjustable bed. Bought Beauty Rest carbon series twin XL mattresses and Beauty Rest platform. Most mattress companies make a mattress that can be used on an adjustable bed. It's just a matter of finding what is the most comfortable one for you. We went with the Beauty Rest because it was really soft/comfortable and felt luxurious to us. Went with the Beauty Rest platform because it was adjustable in that we were able to make it fit within our existing bed frame which was important to me. I did not want to buy another one or just have a headboard attached to the platform. There is a lot of information on line, just do your research first and find your best price. Presidents Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day is supposed to be a good time to buy a new mattress.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will suggest that she waits until Memorial day. How do you like the Twin XL combination. Does it feel like a crack between sides? I may get one myself.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will suggest that she waits until Memorial day. How do you like the Twin XL combination. Does it feel like a crack between sides? I may get one myself.
The Twin XL was a must. My husband and I wanted our own bed control, otherwise if the platform and mattress was one piece...you'd be sharing one and would always have to be in agreement of position. The mattresses do move a little from time to time but they're easily pushed back together. I can see the sheets being a potential problem, especially as we get older. For a Twin XL, you need 2 contour sheets. I have to climb up on my bed to get the inner corners in. I can see that becoming more difficult to do with age. My husband wanted to get an adjustable bed for years and I didn't want and thought they were too expensive. After our 20 plus year mattress just wasn't good anymore, I reconsidered and glad I did.

Mine is a sleep number split king. I LOVE my bed. I spend every evening watching TV in my bed, because it's more comfy than the couch. We don't have an issues with the crack in the middle, but we each stay on our own side. If you like to touch while you sleep I can see where it might be an issue.

We have the Serta iComfort adjustable bed because my husband has to sleep at an angle due to a medical condition.
We chose the Queen because it’s what we’ve always had and we like to cuddle (I hate when we’re at a hotel with a King because I feel like I’m sleeping by myself).
I was afraid I wouldn’t like sleeping elevated but I’m so used to it now that I love it, and miss it when I’m at a hotel sleeping on a flat bed.

We have the Serta iComfort adjustable bed because my husband has to sleep at an angle due to a medical condition.
We chose the Queen because it’s what we’ve always had and we like to cuddle (I hate when we’re at a hotel with a King because I feel like I’m sleeping by myself).
I was afraid I wouldn’t like sleeping elevated but I’m so used to it now that I love it, and miss it when I’m at a hotel sleeping on a flat bed.
We have this too. Tho it's a king bc I hate being touched when I'm sleeping lol

We have a tempurpedic split king and love that each of us have individual controls. Also love that i could get a soft mattress and he could get firm..............

Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions. One store we went to the salesman suggested to not get the split bed. Complained about the crack Maybe it was the mattresses that were not compatable together. Glad to see all that like the twins. Just imagine the argument of the one adjustment for all type,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter