What is a good beach and hotel near KSC

R4Suns

Earning My Ears
Looking for a hotel and beach near KSC for a trip in Oct. Any suggestions?...:smooth:

Forgive me, but what is KSC?

Kennedy Space Center. After we leave leave Disney we are going there for a couple of days.

Ah, my s-i-l lives in Cocoa Beach and we've yet to find a hotel we liked, but I know someone who just stayed at the Wakulla and enjoyed it. Hope you find a place you like, too.

Are there any decent beaches other than Cocoa Beach? What about any of the Marriotts on Cocoa Beach or the Hilton

We just left Cocoa Beach on Monday. The actual beach was nice. Clean, not too crowded, waves were sometimes big..sometimes not..good variety!

The town itself, was a bit rundown. On A1A- there is absolutely NO Chain Restuarants except McDonalds and the bunch. But no sit-down restaurants!

We stayed at the HOLIDAY INN Ocean Front Resort! HA HA HA!! DON'T!! It was awful! The rooms were dirty, sand everywhere..the tub had mold on the curtain, the surround. They totally misresprented the location. ONLY one building is oceanfront..the rest is parking lot views. We had a kidsuite..and I was told oceanfront..however, upon our arrival..the building assigned to us was facing a parking lot! I asked to be moved to oceanfront view..however, the only building that had kidsuites was not the ONE building that was oceanfront! Prior to arrival, I called to ask about the location of the pool with the beach. (MY kids love the pool...I love the beach..) I was told to get to the pool from the beach..just walk from the beach over a plank and there it the pool. However, they failed to mention the 2 buildings and parking lot you have to cross before you actually get to thepool!

The pool is nice! Large pool and then a seperate kid's pool themed with ships with slides and fountains and such!

Our room was gross..I checked several other resorts in the area..all booked up for the weekend.

We stayed..but lived out of the suitcases..because I did not want to unpack my clothes afraid that I might be more apt to bring home little creatures..I DID NOT WANT!

A huge cochroach walked across my sister's vanity area at this hotel. My sister andher family were traveling with us!

We did go look at THE RESORT AT COCOA BEACH...the lobby and registration area looked very nice! I tried to talk the front desk clerk into giving us both a suite...but they were all booked up.

THE RESORT AT COCOA BEACH is all 2 bedroom/2bath condo units..but most are oceanfront. I didn't actually go into a unit..but what I did see was nice. A bit pricey..but coming from the HOLIDAY INN..you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ate a Lobster Shanty's south of the HOLIDAy inn .one night..okay. We did find a chain restuarant on 520...Tony Roma-plcae for ribs... EXCELLENT!!! We also at a Durango Steak House on Father's day..it was about a 7 out of 10!

Good luck..and stay away from Holiday Inn Ocean Front Resort...!

(ps...we had just left HIFS in Orlando and LOVED IT!!!!)

Just wanted to back up what Katie had to say. Hilton was one of the hotels we tried and didn't care for one bit. To be fair to Cocoa Beach, we did find restaurants we liked but probably because my s-i-l is a local and knew where to find them.

We stayed at the Ocean Landings Resort last September in a one bedroom suite and it was very nice. The rooms were clean and the hotel had a variety of rooms and suites with quite a few overlooking the beach. It also had two swimming pools and tennis courts. The restaurant also attached to the resort, Gregorys Steak and Seafood, was excellent although a little expensive.

I think their website is www.ocean-landings.com

Check them out. We would certainly stop there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter