What is best for signing autograph books?

Loritlc3

Mouseketeer
I know I saw a post a while ago regarding what type of marker/pen people use for the characterss to sign with but I can't find it anywhere. I got those combo photo album/autograph books and don't want it to soak through but I would like to have something more interesting/colorful than just a plain pen?

I know I saw a post a while ago regarding what type of marker/pen people use for the characterss to sign with but I can't find it anywhere. I got those combo photo album/autograph books and don't want it to soak through but I would like to have something more interesting/colorful than just a plain pen?

Sharpie makes clickable pens. The ink is permanent and does not smear on the page. The characters love the clickable because you hand them the pen and then they click it open so it does not get on their gloves.

And these do not dry out as quick as regular Sharpies. They make packs with different color ink too, so you don't have to just get black.

Sharpie makes clickable pens. The ink is permanent and does not smear on the page. The characters love the clickable because you hand them the pen and then they click it open so it does not get on their gloves.

And these do not dry out as quick as regular Sharpies. They make packs with different color ink too, so you don't have to just get black.

That is what we used. Worked really well. :) You can buy them in fine line ,or thicker markers as well.

Sharpie clickable markers are the best. You can get them in a variety of colors...
I did see several families using those mini markers and the characters made it work but they had a hard time with it... so make sure there the good size people markers...

.....and no pen needed for Buzz Lightyear.......

He has his own stamper!!!

Sharpies are great but I do have to say forget the autograph book. Instead get a white pillow case and have the characters sign that. You can still use sharpies or get fabric markers which are permanent. An autograph book sits on a shelf. The pillow case is practical and a conversation piece if you bring it to a slumber party. When folded they are about the size of the auto book and are easy to carry. We have several from different trips with different characters on them. Each one has a title written on it- WDW 2005, WDW 2008, etc.

If you have a 5 Below store I saw giant clickable Disney pens. They would be perfect for the characters. I know its easier for them if the pens are bigger and this one is big.

I don't think that would be a good idea the pillow case w/ sharpies. It would wash off just like if you get someone to sign your shirt with a sharpie. It ends up a mess. you should probaly use the fabric markers. Great idea!!!

We use a autograph book! It is a lot easyer and when we need to we can take a page out and put in are scrapbooks.:) IDK what would be a good idea really. the pillow case with fabric markers maybe, but it seems hard to write on. I think we will stay with the autograph books for now.:scared1:

ok fellow Dis'ers I'm going to share my alternative to the autograph book. Maybe the little tots like the autograph books because they are smallish to handle, and don't break when they get dropped so often.

But I took a suggestion from folks I traveled with on a Disney Cruise. We took a new white mat from a picture frame onboard and dropped it off at guest services with our cabin #. At the end of the cruise it was returned to us with many, many character signatures. When we returned home, we chose a favorite photo from the cruise, popped it behind the mat and into the frame. It ended up on a prominent shelf instead of some drawer as most autograph books do. Only drawback was not seeing the characters sign nor having a picture of each signing.

So here is the theme park adaptation. It works best with older kids and adults because someone has to carry it in the backpack or purse. I bought the standard size June graduation autograph photo mat at a local Michaels. These often come with pens, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I got a pack of different colored Sharpie clickable pens. For the character's ease, I clipped the autograph mat to a colorful clipboard and kept it in a plastic bag along with the pens. Only pulled it out while in line, asked each to sign, snapped the photo, and returned it to the bag. Hey - it stayed really clean this way in all the rain in May. The clipboard provides a sturdy surface for the more challenged furry characters.

Got so many 'wow - good idea!' comments from the CMs and handlers. And again, frameable souvie for the mantlepiece.

If you have a 5 Below store I saw giant clickable Disney pens. They would be perfect for the characters. I know its easier for them if the pens are bigger and this one is big.

My wife bought one these giant pens for our daughter for her autographs. The characters liked it because it was so big. They sometimes made of it because it was so big. It was funny and cute. But the pen didn't last long before it stopped working. Donald tried to use it and I guess the ink or something dried up. We had a backup Sharpie marker with us that the characters used after that. I actually preferred the Sharpie to the pen. THe autographs look much better!

We got Mickey to sign a Disney dollar as a souv. Framed it and put it on the piano. Looks nice. Funny though, one Mickey refused to sign it so we had to find another Mickey.

My sister, my friend and I have done a bunch of different things. We did the pillow case, which I mostly use as a decorative pillow so I don't have to wash it as frequently (even so, I've mostly lost Belle and Snow White, who signed in yellow), but what I really liked was getting a white canvas tote and having all the characters sign in Sharpie. I got a set of two off amazon for less than 10 bucks, and my sister and I each stuck a small hardback book inside then taped the bag around it so that the characters had something hard to write on. My friend, who is way more artistic than me, got a pair of white Ked-type shoes, drew the princesses on them, then had them all sign next to their image (Cinderella in particular loved that), so if you've got an artsy kid, that might be a fun pre-Disney project for them. We're going back in March, and I found a book called "Everything I Need to Know I Learned from a Disney Little Golden Book" that I'm going to have them all sign. Does anybody know good pens to use on dark glossy paper? I've got a couple of metallic ones, but when I tried them out they didn't show up too well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter