What is good to eat in Universal

faindrops27

I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My
Can someone please tell me what is thier favorite food in Universal. Something, I must try. THanks in advance!

I would also like to know, I am going for the first time in September. :banana:

We ate at Jurassic Cafe, ugh horrible food!!!!! Not much of a menu and food was not good at all and we were really hungry! We then tried Mel's Cafe (the rock-n-roll place) and were really excited about that place. Great atmosphere but terrible food, also a very small menu and very expensive. We bought the meal pass, WASTE OF MONEY! Drinks not included and very limited in the places you can go. BOOOOOO! Try Universal City Walk I hear the food their is great. Good luck.

Well, as ssc7 said, the menu is very limited inside the park itself. It's pretty much the same no matter where you go. However, the chicken at Doc Browns is tasty and the pizza at Louie's is too!! However, for something a bit more sophisticated (sometimes) why not eat at CityWalk? The choice is endless and there's so many great places. Not being an American, therefore being able to get them whenever I want, I enjoy a good old American style burger when I'm there and the ones they serve up at Saddle Ranch are amazing!!! And the atmosphere of the place is great too. There's something for every pallet at CityWalk though. I'd say have a LIGHT lunch inside the park (they serve good sandwiches) and save room for the yummyness that's served up at CityWalk!!! ;)

Have a great trip!! :thumbsup2

Many good options at CityWalk. Tony Romas, Buca di Beppo, and Camachos come to mind.

Woody

Well I am not really a fan of theme park food and if I can find an alternate source I will take it. So I went to the city walk and there is this really fantastic restaraunt not too far into the walk. Its called "Bubba Gumps" its based on the Forest Gump movie. Their food is to die for with service to match. Their prices are decent and I found it a very relaxing way to have lunch and rest those tired walking feet.

Thanks everyone, for the replies. I really appreciate it!!

MysticPath, I did not know that Bubba Gumps was in Citywalk in hollywood. I am so far behind with all the planning. I will go and check out the menus at allearsnet. Anyway, I love that chain! I ate, at the ones in Miami, and Orlando!! I love that shrimp platter they serve, the cocktail shrimp with lemon were delicioso, yummy!!

OH I know.... MMM MMM! I loved their jasmine rice topped with shimp and baked with different types of cheeses

Artery clogger but OH SO GOOD!

I wish they had more of the Bubba Gump restaraunts around. They would do so well I think.

Bubba Gumps was being built when I was there last August. I have been to one in SF and would recommend it.
The food in the parks is not good. Get a hand stamp and eat in City Walk.

Drew

There are a ton of eating options at Universal City Walk. I personally love all the quick service options near the movie theater upstairs. Also there's a Crepes eatery there that is absolutlely delicious so save some dessert room for that. :)

Yeah, it [Bubba Gumps] opened in the last week of August. I saw signs for it ASA I went there late July and every time I visited, they seemed to have done A LOT so I was hoping to see it open before I left. Sadly, I left on the 21st and it opened the week after.

Just another reason I have top go back next summer... ;)

Yeah, it [Bubba Gumps] opened in the last week of August. I saw signs for it ASA I went there late July and every time I visited, they seemed to have done A LOT so I was hoping to see it open before I left. Sadly, I left on the 21st and it opened the week after.

Just another reason I have top go back next summer... ;)

I was at Universal on the 19th of August so I guess I missed it by about a week too.

Louie's! My first job ever was as a busser at the Louie's in Universal Studios Orlando. They have some pretty good pizza there and the pasta is pretty good as well. Also be sure to sample one of their desserts...you won't be dissapointed!

I would have to second the Saddle ranch. The food was awesome, the portions were huge and the service was outstanding. The drinks were always filled fast. If you have small eaters in your family you might consider splitting a meal... Like I said lots of food for the price.
Not sure if they still do this, but I was told by our Tour driver, that if you mention you are on a tour bus the saddle ranch will give you a % off, I think it was 10% but not for sure.

Well, I just wanted to thank everyone, for all of your input. I went, and loved it!! I got to the park early, (thanks to MysticPath's tip, about the free anaheim shuttle) And, pretty much saw everything!! I however did not get a chance to eat, at Citywalk. My husband wanted to eat dinner somewhere in Hollywood. But, I did get a slush lemonade. And, a chicken strips meal from doc's chicken. (Doc from back to the future.) I must say, I only picked it, because the line was horrendous, and figured. I try it. I was very impressed! I got like 4 big strips and they were tender inside, and had a nice flavorful crunch on the outside. I ate all of them, and a few fries. It was very yummy, and if I ever got a chance to go back, and needed a quick lunch. I would have it again!!:)

Good choice. Doc Brown's Chicken is one of the better places in USH.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter