What is the College Program like?

Just Cruzin'

Earning My Ears
I've thought about doing the College Program ever since I went to Disney World as a teen. Now that applications have reopened I'm revisiting the idea. However, as a homebody and overall anxious person I don't know if it's for me. I've had an extremely stressful job before (in food service) and it wrecked my body.
So, what have your experiences been like? Did the program detract from the magic of the parks or add to it? How did you handle crowds, heat, etc? Do you regret participating? Thanks!

I've thought about doing the College Program ever since I went to Disney World as a teen. Now that applications have reopened I'm revisiting the idea. However, as a homebody and overall anxious person I don't know if it's for me. I've had an extremely stressful job before (in food service) and it wrecked my body.
So, what have your experiences been like? Did the program detract from the magic of the parks or add to it? How did you handle crowds, heat, etc? Do you regret participating? Thanks!
The College Program is a fantastic experience. It is work, and a large number of the positions are for QSR. If you are questioning it, I might suggest waiting until at least this spring when things are hopefully more back to normal. A big part of the experience is being able to visit the Parks on days off. For the summer/fall 2021 Program, this is not likely to happen. Cast have been blocked from the Parks for the past 2 months, with the exception of very few random Epcot or DAK days. The summer is going to be the same and with the 50th Anniversary in October, I don’t see this changing. There are many things to consider, including housing. You would be living with up to 7 other people. They could become your best friends or simply be roommates. It’s a great opportunity to learn Customer Service from the best in the industry, and they expect the best from you. Excuses aren’t tolerated, but leaders are human and want their CP’s to have a great Program. If being around people makes you anxious, Disney could be challenging for you - then again it might help, too. Don’t go into it expecting to make a lot of money, you will earn enough to cover expenses & have a little left over for fun. If you are willing to work OT, you can definitely come out ahead. It’s a big decision, I highly recommend it, but only you know what’s best for you. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter