What is the loudest thing you have slept through?

I guess I wouldn't know if I slept through it.... ;)

Probably the train that runs behind my house and blares its horn. After 16 years I've gotten used to it. Still not used to DH's snoring, though.

The house across the street from me burned down during the day when I was around 12 or so, I went to sleep that night and it reignited (which I guess is a thing) the fire crew had left a few guys there to watch it, and ended up bring a number of trucks back out to put it out again. Because of the street layout - all the trucks parked on our lawn. Slept through the whole thing.

November 2016, I was in NYC hotel room sound asleep in the middle of the night & there was the LOUDEST boom I have ever heard. I was with my mom & my girls...we all jumped out of bed scared to death. I was shaking trying to pull the curtains back to look out the window...I truly expected to see absolute destruction of something & it was as calm & quiet out there as a meadow. To this day I have no idea what it was.
I normally sleep through anything & everything.

I slept through the fire alarm in college on numerous occasions. My roommate would have to shake me awake. Of course, she could have just let me sleep, they were always a false alarm...

When we were kids and on family vacations all together in a hotel room, my father's snoring. He was a wall rattler. You had to hope you fell asleep before him. But once asleep, I never awoke during the night. Maybe part of that was being young too, when sleeping was more sound!

The loudest thing I've slept thru........nothing because I wouldn't be able to sleep!!!

The house across the street burned in the middle of the night. It's totally destroyed, and apparently there were fire trucks, cop cars, and ambulances lining our street from 2am til about 6am. I slept through he entire thing.

Does falling asleep during something loud count? I fell asleep on "It's a Small World" at Disneyland. I also fell asleep while sitting in the 5th row of a latin jazz concert. I can't remember if I have actually slept through anything that was suddenly loud.

I've slept through earthquakes (not that they're necessarily loud), and big thunderstorms which can sometimes shake the whole house. Sometimes I'll get up in the morning, look outside and realize there was a storm (leaves and tree branches blown to the ground.) This astounds DW who will inform me she thought the whole house might blow away.;)

The classic "slept through it" story for me was a guy at an AC/DC concert who "fell asleep"(passed out) during the show. He slept through most of the show but finally came around when they did "For Those About To Rock We Salute You"...when they shot off the cannon.:rotfl2:

The classic "slept through it" story for me was a guy at an AC/DC concert who "fell asleep"(passed out) during the show. He slept through most of the show but finally came around when they did "For Those About To Rock We Salute You"...when they shot off the cannon.:rotfl2:
Yep. This is me at rock concerts. :faint:
In my defence, the last song that put me out was Roger Waters singing Comfortably Numb. :angel:

A fire alarm inside my grandmother's small house....ten million alarms....kids jumping on my bed.....my family screaming at the soccer games on TV....just to name a few...I can fall asleep super fast and sleep through almost anything....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter