• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is up with these airfares???

Sammy

DIS Veteran
I have been watching the airfares for May over the the last 6 weeks.....they just keep going up and up!! Are the airlines dong so well that they don't have to offer better rates? I was so hoping to get a discount flight for the 5 of us in May. :(

I just noticed that Delta is down today. Yesterday it was over $400.00, today it is $175.00. This is out of Minneapolis. Check it out.

Are you checking Orbitz? I got $185/person R/T from PHX to MCO for our trip in May on United.

I also would like to know...what's up with these rental car prices???? Outragious!!!!!

I too am trying to find a good flight from Seattle, WA to Orlando and the price just seem to have gone up over the past few weeks... Noticing they are coming down this week so hoping to catch a good deal soon.. Any suggestions???

i'm having the same problem from baltimorw to orlando. i thought flights were supposed to be cheap! they're more expensive than out trip last year.

I've been having the same problem as you goofiest!! I can't find anything under $199 each ($800 total) and that is with a connection both ways. I'm not flying until November, so I hope they come down a little bit. Can't wait to see what Southwest comes out with.

The day of the week you fly can affect the rates. Before I joined DVC, we usually went Thursday to Tuesday. I didn't have any problems getting good airfare for those days. When I joined DVC, we started going Saturday to Friday so that we only had 1 weekend high point night. Saturday morning is difficult to get a good airfare, lots of people start their trips then, including cruises. This May trip has been the worst. The 9:30 flight we usually take has been sold out, the 11:30 was around $700 roundtrip, dropped to $311, then back up to $751 and just by luck on Wednesday night when I checked it, it dropped to $183! Keep trying, they make adjustments frequently. I checked for December, it's $311 for morning flights even though almost all of the seats are open when you look at the seat diagram.

In planning my trip to WDW for the second week of March, I too was disappointed with the airfares that I was coming up with. I figured I'd use FF miles as I couldn't seem to get anything under $250. I went to the USAirways site and used the flexible travel date feature on their fare finder and came up with a much better rate. From Rochester, NY, which is pretty expensive to fly from, I have RT air to MCO on USAir for $150. I'm now flying Wed-Wed rather than Sat-Sat, but this isn't a problem for us. If you can be flexible, you should be able to find some decent fares.

travelcoupons - We're definitely looking forward to more competition here in ROC to help with fares. Air Tran tried to make a go of it here in ROC once before and it didn't work out - I hope things are better this go around! ROC lost Southwest to BUF last year. Jet Blue has made an impact. We do hope this is a trend that continues...

I was just going to post this exact same topic. When I checked in late January for Dec round trip from OAK to MCO was about $294 now they are more like $460 :eek: :eek:

WHY did they go up so much in such a reletively short time period???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter