What is/was your go to hangover food/remedy?

Water before bed but if that didn’t work, we have a local place called Burger Time and I would get their plain cheeseburger, onion rings and a large coke. Occasionally I would get Taco Bell nachos instead.

It's been a very long time, but White Castle. I'd get the meal that came with 4 sliders, fries, and a diet Coke. I'd eat 2 of sliders, fries, and drink the Coke before bed, then for breakfast I'd warm up the other 2 sliders.

Someone else mentioned it, but it's basically dehydration that causes hangovers.

Keep hydrating while drinking and you'll recover faster. If you know you're going to go overboard that night, anything that will soak up alcohol will help. Breads are great sponges for alcohol so sandwiches, pizza, etc all help. Of course fatty or sugary foods slow down processing of alcohol in your liver so best to go with simple things like toast if you want to recover faster. I also find being sober before falling asleep helps to minimize the next morning's hangover.

By the morning of, it's pretty much too late to make a significant recovery other than time. It's aspirin and whatever makes the morning less painful to you.

If you know you're going to go overboard that night, anything that will soak up alcohol will help. Breads are great sponges for alcohol so sandwiches, pizza, etc all help. Of course fatty or sugary foods slow down processing of alcohol in your liver so best to go with simple things like toast if you want to recover faster. I also find being sober before falling asleep helps to minimize the next morning's hangover.
My friends who were in pre-med and then med school would call eating bread, pizza, sandwiches as complex carbohydrates. They would always say we needed complex carbs before we went out to alleviate the affects of the alcohol.

Often times, we were just too full to continue drinking if we started with a meal.

It's been a long time for me too, but my go to was always either a cheeseburger and fries from McDonalds (had to be McDonalds) or bacon and eggs. Drive thru was easier than cooking ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter