What is your favorite 'non-classic' disney movie?

disneydee6

DIS Veteran
We all love and know the classics, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Beauty & the Beast, Mary Poppins, etc. But Disney has so many great movies that aren't as known, or some that people have never even seen or heard of! What is your favorite 'less popular' disney movie?

The Ugly Dachshund
Treasure Planet
Meet the Robinsons
and
The emperor's new groove

I'd have to say the Sword in the Stone (love it! Maybe it counts as a classic, I'm not too sure) and Atlantis. The latter is just amazing.

Are the Herbie movies Classics..... I love Herbie.

As far as older movies I liked the Cat from Outer Space
and Gus....

I remember seeing them in the theater boy I'm old.

Treasure Planet is my most favorite animated Disney movie ever! How can such a masterpiece be one of the "black sheep" of Disney. Makes me so sad!

Newsies, also a very exspensive blunder to Disney, is my favorite movie of all time. How can anyone not like the singing and dancing and music and the fun of Newsies? I'm glad it has become a cult classic.

Other non-classic faves are A Goofy Movie, Robin Hood, Pete's Dragon, and Cinderella ('97 version).

Anybody remember The Moonspinners? It came out just about the time that I started having adolescent "crushes" and Peter McEnrey was a nice first crush. It also starred Hayley Mills. I loved Hayley Mills. I wanted to be Hayley Mills, so of course I also loved Pollyanna and The Parent Trap.:)

Anybody remember The Moonspinners? It came out just about the time that I started having adolescent "crushes" and Peter McEnrey was a nice first crush. It also starred Hayley Mills. I loved Hayley Mills. I wanted to be Hayley Mills, so of course I also loved Pollyanna and The Parent Trap.:)

That is one of my favorites. My mom bought on DVD through the Disney Movie Club a few years back and I love it.

OMG my friends made fun of me to no end for loving "eye to eye" from a goofy movie...but that is another fun movie I love from disney!!

A couple of my older favorites are "Escape to Witch Mountain" and " The Shackiest Gun in the West"

Newer ones... Goofy Movie & Sword in the Stone

My favorites are:
Atlantis - I watch it a couple times a month! love it!
Home on the Range
The Ugly Dachshund
The Parent Trap
Cinderella 3

A couple of my older favorites are "Escape to Witch Mountain" and " The Shakiest Gun in the West"
Got to agree on both of those, Return from Witch Mountain I also have, but I got it for the nostalgia.
Apple Dumpling Gang movies are also tops on my list and.....
That new Princess & the Frog is going to be a great classic! Loved it when we saw it on the Disney Magic and I got it on Blu-Ray when it was available.

Yes, I love all things Haley too! That Darn Cat, Summer Magic, In Search Of the Castaways etc. I remember a non-Disney called "The Truth About Spring" which also starred her father John Mills and James MacArthur from Swiss Family Robinson. Loved that one too!

One of my very fave non-classics stars Tommy Kirk and Annette Funicello: The Misadventures of Merlin Jones. :cool1:

Yes, I love all things Haley too! That Darn Cat, Summer Magic, In Search Of the Castaways etc. I remember a non-Disney called "The Truth About Spring" which also starred her father John Mills and James MacArthur from Swiss Family Robinson. Loved that one too!

One of my very fave non-classics stars Tommy Kirk and Annette Funicello: The Misadventures of Merlin Jones. :cool1:

Yup, love all of those. And Tommy Kirk. I think the very first picture I ever cut out of a magazine was of Tommy Kirk. Thanks for making me smile so early in the morning.:thumbsup2

Yup, love all of those. And Tommy Kirk. I think the very first picture I ever cut out of a magazine was of Tommy Kirk. Thanks for making me smile so early in the morning.:thumbsup2

You're welcome! :flower3: Those old goodies make me smile too! Worth mentioning also are: The Shaggy Dog, Old Yeller and Blackbeards Ghost. :thumbsup2
Way to go Hula Girl! Love Home On the Range too!

(Sorry Miss Monorail 1971, I'm pretty sure at least the original Herbie counts as a classic.)

Almost forgot...Mickey, Donald and Goofy's The Three Musketeers! Adorable! (My kids like it too!)

I would have to say the original Parent Trap - that movie reminds me of my childhood, I would watch it allll the time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter