What job would you want to do if money was no object?

I'm retired, so it doesn't matter anymore......but I would love to run a small bakery and like one of the people above bake what I want, when I want to.
Like Hannah Swensen in the mystery books.......but no murders, please!!

I think a lot of people - certainly not everyone, but many - need the purpose and structure and socialization of a job just as much as they need the paycheck. So in a "money is no object" situation, those folks would gravitate toward choosing personally meaningful, low-stress work rather than to some version of early retirement. A super-early retirement is often better as a fantasy than as a reality, if only because it leaves a lot of hours to fill and is out-of-step enough with social norms as to be pretty isolating.

Oh not me, that's what I hate most about working. 😄 I didn't mind working from home so much because I didn't need to be around people all the time. I wouldn't work a regular job again if I won the lottery. I'd travel way more, relax with my dogs between trips.

Bar tender or bank teller. I've done both and really enjoyed them, but didn't make enough. Another option would be to own a bakery.

Activities director in a nursing home. When I was an SLP working in nursing homes, I coordinated with them a lot. It seemed like a wonderful job to me, but it doesn't pay anywhere near as much as speech therapy, so it wasn't a realistic switch.
DD worked with the activities program in a local nursing home. She loved it, loved the planning, visiting, helping the residents. Unfortunately it paid $13.25 an hour. McDonald's was paying more. She loved her job but not her paycheck so she's in grad school for a master's in social work with a concentration in gerontology!

DD worked with the activities program in a local nursing home. She loved it, loved the planning, visiting, helping the residents. Unfortunately it paid $13.25 an hour. McDonald's was paying more. She loved her job but not her paycheck so she's in grad school for a master's in social work with a concentration in gerontology!
:lovestruc
My daugher is getting her MSW too and will be done in May. She's focusing on working with people with disabilities and counseling.

I would drive the Friendship Boats at Disney. I love boating and generally put in 30+ hours a week in the summer driving boats (mainly slalom skiing but we spend quite a bit of time on the pontoon as well).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter