What makes a ride a headliner?

DisneyMama811

🇨🇦 Disney Dreamin'
As we approach our trip and I find myself obsessively checking wait times throughout the day, I've been wondering, what is it that makes some of the gentler rides such a draw? I'm not talking about GotG or RotR, those are high tech rides with cutting edge technology, I mean rides like Peter Pan's Flight which is a gentle dark ride that's been in the park for decades yet consistently has a wait time of 70+ min, SDMT which is 10 years old but has people rushing to rope drop it? Slinky Dog Dash which is a very simple loop of coaster lasting 2 minutes, what draws people to these rides above others? genuinely curious to hear what y'all think!

Its various factors. Demand is not the only variable when it comes to wait times. The load capacity of the ride is also a primary variable (especially on, for example, Peter Pan). The coasters you mentioned are also popular because they are family coasters. I know this will come as a shock, but Disney is still mainly a family destination :crazy2: And families with small kids want to ride together. A family with little kids may be able to ride Seven Dwarves or Slinky Dog, but not Guardians

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter