What park on a Sunday afternoon?

Poohbear03

Mouseketeer
We will be arriving by plane on Sunday, 4/23 at 9:20 in the morning.....Which park would be best for that early afternoon/evening as far as crowds go?

Where are you staying? Logistics-wise, when I have an early morning flight I usually want to choose a park that's easy to get to in case we're tired from travel and decide to do early bed.

Sunday is the slowest day of the week.
It still may be busy, but better than other days.
MK would be might choice.

What? That is not correct. Sunday is the third busiest day, after Saturday, then Friday.

Sunday is one of the worst days to visit Magic Kingdom. Saturday is the most popular check-in day, and most people go to Magic Kingdom first.

What? That is not correct. Sunday is the third busiest day, after Saturday, then Friday.

Sunday is one of the worst days to visit Magic Kingdom. Saturday is the most popular check-in day, and most people go to Magic Kingdom first.
I agree. It's what I've always read as well. I always schedule pool days or Downtown Disney eating days on Sat/Sun. I don't even bother stepping foot in a park on those days.

I think it's all relative. Just go to the park you want to visit. What feels "crowded" to one person might not be so bad to another.

I think it's all relative. Just go to the park you want to visit. What feels "crowded" to one person might not be so bad to another.
I agree with that. Optimizing based on crowds usually isn't worth the effort. I'd only intentionally avoid specific, major draws... cheer day at DHS, gay day Saturday at Magic Kingdom, Friday and Saturday nights during festivals in World Showcase, Earth Day at Animal Kingdom, etc.

It differs by park, but the slowest day of the week is generally Tuesday or Wednesday. Weekend days will almost always be more crowded than weekday days. Saturday is generally accepted as the most crowded day.

I agree. It's what I've always read as well. I always schedule pool days or Downtown Disney eating days on Sat/Sun. I don't even bother stepping foot in a park on those days.
Same! I scheduled my pool day at Beach Club for Sunday. I’m going to brave Epcot early Saturday though. 😬

Same! I scheduled my pool day at Beach Club for Sunday. I’m going to brave Epcot early Saturday though. 😬
We will be arriving by plane on Sunday, 4/23 at 9:20 in the morning.....Which park would be best for that early afternoon/evening as far as crowds go?
I always make my arrival day Animal Kingdom. Although I know many don’t agree, it is definitely a half-day park for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter