What post count.....

Oh my gosh! I hope you have Global Entry! Being a world history buff DH would love to see those sights in Europe and I would love to see Monte Sainte Micheal! And all that good wine to enjoy! And all that work to bring in a $40 million dollar contract! You must be the queen of the office right now!!!

I think the boss is happy with me... I did get a raise, and I have only been there 5 months. Not too bad.

We do not have global entry but we do have pre check.

We just flew in and out of CDG, we were flying first class on Iceland Air, so they gave us priority entry, so we got to skip the lines both ways in and out of CDG. it was nice of them to do that for us, the lounge access was a nice perk also. The first class with them was cheaper than any domestic flight I could find economy.

It started the vacation off nicely. It was our 10th wedding anniversary.

Congratulations on 10 years!

I think flying First Class does help with Pre-Check too! We flew 10 flights this past winter on First Class and got TSA Pre-Check for 9 of the 10 flights! Well, that's it or our advanced ages :rolleyes1

I'll have to remember that Iceland Air is sometimes cheaper since we do eventually want to take a Europe trip. I thought we were going to try Alaska this coming summer but it proved to be such a mammoth trip to plan (skipping cruising) and TA quotes weren't great. Maybe in 2018!

And such an accomplishment after only a few months at your new job! What do you specialize in at your job? Computer systems etc. or what?

Anywhoo, so good to see you back on the DIS today!!!

Last edited:
I am a program manager over a radio frequency spectrum management project with the US Army Corps of Engineers.

I am glad to be back too, meaning that life has calmed down again.

I am a program manager over a radio frequency spectrum management project with the US Army Corps of Engineers.

I am glad to be back too, meaning that life has calmed down again.

I can barely figure out what that job is Brandi but you must be good!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

I would like to say that i am good at my job, but I really hate to say it. For some reason I have never been good a tooting my own horn.

But my bosses like the work I do, so I must be doing something right.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Brandi - You obviously are excellent at your job! When retirement time comes you can definitely look back at a job well earned and done!

Brandi - You obviously are excellent at your job! When retirement time comes you can definitely look back at a job well earned and done!

Thanks Dear. I am looking forward to retirement, but at the same time worried we will have enough $$$$

Thanks Dear. I am looking forward to retirement, but at the same time worried we will have enough $$$$

We met with our financial planner several times and we used a bunch of spreadsheets to analyze what retirmement living would actually cost.

As they point out, you save on clothes, car expenses, lunches and various work deductions.

Planning for insurance before going on Medicare may end up being your biggest expense. Luckily we both are now on Medicare. I also delayed SS until I was 65+ (wish I could have waited longer but we analyzed it and the difference wasn't enough to keep me working).

I agree, I think the insurance is what is going to end up being the biggest expense. We have even talked about working from home for the same company but on a part time basis just to keep it.

Made it to 260,000 this morning but there's no way I can hit 275k by 2017 since I plan to let the DIS slide from the 24th on while we're back in Maryland for awhile.

I think I stopped after I got 55K lol.

Hopefully I am back for the next two weeks, then I will be off and on for a few weeks.

Lately I have been slacking off on the DIS; doing other things some days and not posting at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter