• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides for our 15 mo. old?

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We will be in the World next week, and we've been planning our trip around my DS3. So no test track, tower of terror, kali river rapids, coasters, etc. But, of the tame rides, such as the rides in fanatsy land, buzz, and similar midway type rides in the other parks, which can we take our other DS, 15 mo. old, on? Is there a list online?

any info would be appreciated!

--Mainebound

Unless you 3 yr old is 40 inches tall, you can take your 15 mo old on everything that he goes on. Kali river ride I think is the one exception with a slighty lower height restriction. In other works unless there is a height restriction, both kids can ride. The list they can't go on would be much shorter that the one they can.They will love both boat rides at MK, as well as many of the rides at epcot. The simulator type rides such as star tours is out. At MGM most of the things they can do are show type. They can however do the great movie ride and the backlot tour. At AK they will love the safri, and the triceratop spin( like dumbo). They will both also like a lot of the non rides things such as the play grounds and a lot of the entertainment in the WS. Have a great trip and make those memories.

Jordan's mom

Mainebound,

I am so glad you posted this !! We'll be at WDW in Nov., with my 3 yr. and 16 mo. old grandchildren, & I've been wondering about the same thing.......I don't want Cathryn to wind up just being "baby-swapped", but I don't want to bring her on something that would scare her, either.

I'll be interested in anyone's experiences......

Tonight, I'll look in some of the research I've done to see if there's a list for you.

Your little ones can ride everything that doesn't have a height restriction. Also, there is a baby swap feature if the adults want to do the bigger rides.

Jordan's MOM,
Thank you! No my 3 year old is not quite 40 inches tall, so that rule of thumb will work. I guess I was wondering if physically, you can sit a 15 month old next to you, or on your lap, on some of the rides. But I'm sure we'll figure it out once there!

Kathleen FL -- we are bringing my mom on our trip, too. It would not be the same without Grandma. We wouldn't let her miss it for the world!

--Mainebound

We're in the same boat as you. We're going in May with DS who will be 15 months and DD who turns 4 right before we leave. I'm more worried about my DD as at 15 months, I don't know that he knows enough to be scared of most things. DD on the other hand I think is going to be the problem. But alas, we are also meeting up with my parents (Mom doesn't go on any thrill rides, except Splash Mountail, if you call that a thrill ride) so we've got that option, along with baby swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter