what should I expect from US hotels?

karebear1

<font color=purple>BL II - Purple Team<br><font co
I'm leaving next Saturday to go to Orlando and we will be spending some time at PBH and going to US. We've never stayed at US resorts before and are totally unfamiliar with what perks there are in connection with the park and Citiwalk. Can someone just give me a run down of what I should be expecting staying at a US resort? THANKS!!!

Universal Express Ride Access - For Universal's Hotel Guests Only

Guests staying at Universal's hotels (Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel) receive special theme park privileges including Universal Express Ride Access at both Universal Orlando theme parks. This fantastic benefit allows you to show your room key at the most popular attractions and use the Express entrance, which allows you to wait in special, shorter ride lines all day, with no limit.

In my opinion, the Universal Express Ride Access feature alone is worth any extra cost of staying on-site at Universal, because it allows you to get a lot more access to the attractions in a lot less time. On-site guests also get free transportation by boat and tram to and from the theme parks and CityWalk; priority seating at select Universal Orlando restaurants; package delivery to your hotel room; and use of hotel room key card to charge purchases.

Loews First Member Benefits

If you will be staying at one of the Universal hotels, be sure to sign up for the FREE Loews First membership card (Loew's operates the Universal hotels.) Membership gives you privileges including a welcome gift in your room (wine, seasonal fruit, bottled water, or cookies and milk), free newspaper delivery, upgrade to Business Class room at time of reservation (if available), free access to the Fitness Center, and 500 American Airlines AAdvantage or Midwest Express miles per stay! You can sign up online.

FREE Stuff for Teens at Loews Hotels

The three Universal hotels are operated by Loews. Loews now offers the "T-Loews" program, which includes the following FREE benefits for all teens:

Cool beach/pool bag
Water bottle
List of teen items to borrow including Gameboy, Nintendo, DVD player, CD player, walkie talkies, teen books, board games, exercise equipment, pool toys
List of cool shopping, attractions and suggested activities in the area of the hotel
Coupons for a free T-Loews signature sundae with purchase of meal
Snacks
However, reportedly Hard Rock Hotel is NOT participating in the T-Loews program. Royal Pacific Resort reportedly IS participating!

"Grade A Kids" Program at Loews Hotels

The three Universal hotels are operated by Loews. Loews has the "Grade A Kids" program, which provides some freebies for kids who can show a report card with "A's" on it. (Reportedly there can also be some "B's" and kids will still qualify.) Show the report card at check-in and your child may get free soft drinks at the hotel restaurants and pool bars, and free dessert in the hotel restaurants when purchasing a meal. This is not a widely-advertised program and apparently it's not uncommon for front desk staff and/or wait staff to have no clue about it, so about all you can do is politely inquire!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter