What Time Does Kali Open? Help Planning My Park Day

idontknow

DIS Veteran
I'm going this weekend for 4 days and I'm really having a hard time planning my park day for next Sunday. I really want to ride Kali, but I would like to get some time in at the MK before moving on to Epcot. I've noticed in the past that Kali opens later than the rest of the park and want to leave AK fairly early. All I want to do at AK this visit is ride Kali and have an Amber Ale. Does anyone know what time Kali opens? And for that matter, what time the bar in Harambe opens?

(note: I do not advocate drinking before noon, but..................I'm on vacation. ;))

Maybe I should rearrange what park I do first, but that would be more time spent going from park to park. I am staying at a DTD hotel, so I won't get early entry at the MK. I could start at the MK, but I don't want to get there at 8:45am and have to wait until 9am to get in. (too anxious to start the day) If I left at noon, I would have 3 hours to hit Space, Splash, Buzz and Pirates. (the only rides I want to do at the MK) As you can see, it isn't that I want to do a lot, just a little at 3 different parks. Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a complete loss.

I'm going to bump this back to page one for you. I'm sure some of our veterans will have some great information and advice for you.

I went to AK on EE day in July or June. I can't remember if KRR opened at 9 or 10, but it was after the rest of the park.

BIG ADVICE HERE!!! - do Kali last. You may have to rearrange plans a little but you will be soaked and will have to completely change before going anywhere else unless you can be comfortable that way. If you go to AK later in the day or almost closing, the line for Kali should be shorter and will probably be able to ride a few times in a row.

I agree with Jenfur! Everytime I've ridden kali- I've gotten soaked too! And even though it will be warm , you still don't want to deal with chafing, blisters from wet clothes/shoes (another option is to take off your shoes/socks when you board the ride and put them in the cubby in the middle of the raft, plus wear a rain poncho ).
I would go to the MK first at 0845 (who knows - maybe you'll get in early - we were there Thurs (another EE day), and nobody checked our resort IDs (even though we were WDW resort guests)) - Go directly to Space Mtn - get a Fast pass (unless the line is 10 minutes or less) (Note that the earliest FP available are 10:00- 11:00 am - if you get times that are too late for you, then I would just wait in line). Turn around and ride Buzz (at about 9 am on Thurs, it was a walk-on), go to Splash Mtn and ride that- off to Pirates (another walk-on on Thurs)- then back to Space Mtn., if you have a FP for around 11:00 am. I imagine that you could be done in the MK around 11:00am (since it's the slow season). THEN - I would go to AK, ride Kali, get wet, dry-off having a tall cold Amber Ale. Then Saunter leisurely over to Epcot.

Just my opinion....You'll have fun whichever way you go! Jill

nasmith, you've got a great plan!:D I do believe that is exactily what I will do! I'll have my sandles on (much more comfy than my hot tennis shoes and they are broken in perfectly) so the water won't bother me. (plus I love to kick them off and walk thru the water at Epcot) Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter