What to do about kids missing school...

DWofjdads2

I love my 1967 Camaro - zoom zoom
Hi!

I have a question for all you veterans with kids. What do you tell the teachers when you take them out of school? I don't really want to request homework (or at least a bunch of it) because we don't want them doing it at Disney World.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Jackie

Well, it really depend on your teacher...one teacher would not give us the home work until we came home and the other, She gave my daughter 40 pages to do!! Luckly, We did not leave until Sunday. So, my daughter got 34 pages down before we left.......2 she did down in disney then I said heck with the rest.......The teacher just regave them to her ......My daughter was in 3 grade at that time. Don't get any......or see if you can get in advance. I'm kind of weary for next trip, Feburary 2003, She will be in 6th....OH Boy!!
Angie Magical Place

We're leaving in 4 days. I just reminded my 4th grade sons teacher last week. She called me at work and said she will send some home tomorrow and some home on wed. My son and I leave Thurs right after school. Wed night I'll be working at the library until 8pm so hopefully my son will get most of it done while he's there with me. Teacher said anything else they get to that he didnt get before time she will keep aside for when he returns.

My son's teacher just called a few minutes ago. The kid's will miss 4 days of school (they have Columbus off). I notified his teacher (3rd grade) the night of open house. She will start sending homework home tomorrow night and plans to hold him in for half of his recess "for graded work". He'll only have Mon-Wed nights to work on homework this week since they are also off this Friday. Our plan is to have everthing done to turn in on Thurs. morning. My daughter is in Kindergarten. And, she will also have homework per the teacher. I think it will mostly be coloring and writing numbers. I think it is best to be honest and just simply tell them your plans. That way you can work together. Don't forget to notify the attendance office they will be gone too.:bounce: :pinkbounc

Wed (the day before we leave) my son is having lunch with the principal. He got "student of the month" for September!
I didnt think about sending any finished work back to school on Thurs but sounds like a good idea. Im not going to nag my son about getting it done but if it is why not send it in? Its fine with me if he does some on the plane.

Bring homework along!! We made the mistake of only bringing one book on our first trip. Then I had lots of home work when I got home. The next few years, we brought along all our home work and always had time to do it all! The first year we didn't think we would have time or want to do it. I think I finished most of my work on the plane ride there.

We always missed 5 days and had no problem catching up. The teachers always gave us our work. My brothers 2nd grade teacher even put little notes in his books. In one she said to check his suitcase, because she may have stowed away in there!

I just talked to my son's teacher this week about our trip in January. She said,"How wonderful,no problem".She asked me to remind her closer to time and she would talk with all his teachers( our third graders change classes) and get everything together.We too will take work along. My DS has a lot of homework and I do not want to come home to it.Wish we did not have to but that is the price for a winter vacation. My sister's family just retured from 11 days and said they got all but one paper done while they were gone. We hope to do a lot on they way down and back (we are driving) and do a couple things each night. It is so worth it to go off season!

Jordan's Mom

be taking along our homework ( i have a 2nd grader and Kindergardener ) i told the teachers 2 weeks ago for our upcoming Dec trip.. They have both said they will have the home work ready for us a conference time ( usually the week after Thanksgiving ) so we will have a chance to get started before we leave.. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter