What to pack for 60 degree weather?

4boys531

Earning My Ears
We are traveling next week (Jan 19-23) and the weather looks to be sunny but only a high of 60 or so, lows in the upper 30's. We don't plan on being out at night (the latest will be 8pm when MK closes). I have forgotten what 60 feels like since its been 0 around here for the last week or so. Will jeans and long sleeve t-shirts with a zip-up fleece jacket be ok? I am bringing winter hats for the kids to keep their ears warm at night but I was hoping to avoid bringing our winter coats.

Our first day in the parks is Wednesday. I'm planning on long pants, short sleeve t-shirt and a fleece jacket. We too have been really cold in Indiana, so I'm guessing 60 might seem pretty nice.

Friday is supposed to warm up into the 70s so you might take that into account when you pack.

I am big laryer! I usually wear a light long sleeve shirt with a t-shirt underneath my fav's for the parks are the gap favorite t's and then a fleece jacket. I am usually pretty good to go. I also like to wear my pants that can be rolled up to capri's and buttoned. It just make life easier and more comfy. I always take our 3-1 coats bc it gives us everything we need a fleece coat a rain coat and a heavy coat put together. Bc when we come home we always need our winter stuff. Also it is important to have a good pair of thin gloves. Bc in the mornings and evenings the hands getting cold is just horrible and I only wear my sneakers to keep my toes warm. Just be prepared Disney weather this time of year is extremely unpredictable. I would still pack a pair of shorts and/or capri's bc you never know.

I hope this helps
Sharron
CTP March 2008
Poly Feb. 4-12,2009

I, also, live in a freezing winter climate, so FL feels real warm even when it's cold. I found that layers are great for this time of the year. In 2007 we found our selves at WDW during the coldest week of the entire winter. Still, we wore capris or jeans and either a short sleeve shirt with a light hoodie or a long sleeve t-shirt. It was only REALLY cold later at night.

I, also, live in a freezing winter climate, so FL feels real warm even when it's cold. I found that layers are great for this time of the year. In 2007 we found our selves at WDW during the coldest week of the entire winter. Still, we wore capris or jeans and either a short sleeve shirt with a light hoodie or a long sleeve t-shirt. It was only REALLY cold later at night.

I second that. We have been there in the 60's and while the CM's are wearing winter coats and mitts we are walking around in t-shirts and capris!! I guess it all depends on how the cold hits you. To me 60's is not really cold.

I second that. We have been there in the 60's and while the CM's are wearing winter coats and mitts we are walking around in t-shirts and capris!! I guess it all depends on how the cold hits you. To me 60's is not really cold.

When you are living in the minus temperatures......the 60's is almost hot.

that is so true, I went outside and shoveled my sidewalk today and it is 28 outside I had to take my coat, hat, and gloves off and roll up my selves because I was getting so warm, so a lot of walking in 60 degree weather would be great, but we are planning on going Feb 7-21 so hopefully it will still be a little warmer than 60. what do you think it would be like then?

We have been there for 5 years the week before President's Day Holiday. 4 of the 5 years was really nice. We wore shorts during the day and jackets in a.m. and jeans/jackets in p.m. We even sunbathed and swam. But, 2 years ago we froze. We live in South GA so we are used to warm weather and not cold. 2 years ago when it was so cold, most of it was because of the wind. The highs were in the low 50's, but the wind chill made it more like the low 30's. We had layer upon layer on and still were freezing. I had packed for cold weather, but many of my friends had not. It is very hard to find winter coats and gloves in Orlando. I am so hoping for warm weather this year. I do not want another cold/windy week.

I live in the panhandle so we get in the 60 or below a lot more than Disney does that being said

You will want to were lawyers so you can start pulling stuff off thorugh the day as we can have 20 or 30 degree changes from early a.m. to late afternoon.

I bet there are more jackets lost in fla. than any other state :rotfl:

I say jeans and short sleave shirts with a sweater - If the sun is out midday it can feel pretty warm and you might not even want long sleaves. If it is cloudy it might feel kinda cool so a sweater is nice!

i'll be there on thursday and can't wait. i've been watching the extended weather forecasts on accuweather and wunderground dot com and they have fluctuated quite a bit but seem steady at around the high 60s and low 70s for daytime and 50s for nighttime. it also seems, looking at some hourly forecasts, that it tends to warm up fairly quickly in the mornings. with the freezing weather we've had here in the northeast, i welcome a nice balmy 60 degrees! hehehe

Fellow cold climate person here :wave2:

For DD9 and I i have packed:
3 pairs of short & T-shirts
1 pants outfit
zip-front sweatshirt/light jackets
2 swimsuits
3 undies and socks

reccomending to DH and DD17 around the same.
( we are offsite, in a condo- plan to do laundry, i like it :))
we will be coming from WI, land of the white world :badpc: :crazy2:
so we will have winter gear on when we get to Orlando ( Winter coats are going to be left in the car so we do not have to drag them around for a week)
I have to say one thing........last time we went to WDW, it was early December 2004, the weather was about the same...mid 60's and cloudy.
and by the end of our week, we had "aclamated" (sp??) and were wearing pants and sweatshirts.
I am not sure if that will happen now, as we are deeper into Winter and our bodies are use to the teens and below. ( :crazy2: i cannot believe i just said that :crazy2: )

have a great trip! :beach: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter