What type of elements do you like getting?

hopemax

Note to Self:
I have a bunch of swaps to work on. I want to scrap (I just got the MM paper trimmer and it needs a test drive :rotfl2: ). But I don't know what elements I want to make. I'm feeling a bit, "been there, done that." I think if I could just figure out that part, the creativity shouldn't be a problem. So I'm asking you guys what elements you guys like using best?

If I ever stop shopping and start scrapping...I love things to I can add to the page as decoration, like paper piecings, shaker boxes, the little squares... Stuff like that!:teeth:

I tend to use paper piecings, titles, mats, and squares the most out of my swaps. I really like library pockets and tags but I don't use them as often.

Rebecca

I like Quote, lyric, poem boxes (not necessarily in a box, but I didn't know what else to call them) as long as they're embellished. It adds both a form of journaling along with decoration to the pages.....then sometimes I don't have to journal!! Anything else that adds decoration as long as it's well-embellished is great!

no, no, no!

You need to make items that I don't like. I don't want to miss out on something good in a group because you are making me special requests ~ what if the new stuff is better? :lmao: :lmao:

no, no, no!

You need to make items that I don't like. I don't want to miss out on something good in a group because you are making me special requests ~ what if the new stuff is better? :lmao: :lmao:

:rotfl2:

I do have other swaps to finish before I work on the new Surprise swap pieces. Plus, I have the Holiday and Anything Goes groups which are brand new, no special request people. :goodvibes

And if you like the other pieces, well then I guess we will just need another round. Actually, the new pieces I'm doing for the people who didn't make requests or not enough requests...those I know EXACTLY what I'm doing. I was planning on making some extras, and then once the Surprise swap is finished is post the extras on the "Pass it Forward" thread.

I love things I can't be bothered (or am unable) to make myself - so cool paper piecings and titles from cricut always light my fire! I also like stuff I can put on a page to make it complete - like squares, mats etc. The colour swap has got me loads of pages done real quick:goodvibes And I quite like shaker boxes if they're not too thick. I never quite know what to do with paper clips and bottle tops!

I couldn't figure what to do with the bottle caps either. But my eldest took some to use as photo corners and they look really nice that way.

I like the mats, journal boxes, lyrics, paper piecings & squares.

I :love: making the pockets & tags, but I haven't used any yet.

Hope, great thread!! I am going to save this so I can see what people like when I make hostess gifts!

Hmmm...I am not one for a lot of journaling so journal boxes are not high on my list and I love to look at library pockets, but not sure how I would use it.

I like the poem/lyric boxes--when I first started, I thought these were strange. But once I got one, I can really see their value. Yodasmom made some really good ones for the Shows swap.

I like the decorated squares -- very versatile, good for filling in holes.

I like toppers because I hate to design them.

Paper piecings -- what's not to like?

I sometimes use journal boxes to "mount" memorabilia (eg tickets) so they don't infect my photos:thumbsup2 It also mkes them a feature, so they stand out on the page, and sometime's there's room for a short comment (like "These were rubbish seats but we still enjoyed the concert":rotfl: )

I journal like I talk (a lot!!!!) so the little, tiny journal boxes I get in swaps are never big enough. Likewise, I ALWAYS crop my photos so the mats I get are entirely too big for me.

I like decorative elements. I'm super into slide frames at the moment. I also like deco squares and accent tags. I enjoy the song lyrics/poems and paper piecings as long as they aren't too large. I really like toppers 'cuz it means I don't have to make them myself. Library pockets/tags are my favorite journaling elements because they actually give me enough room to write something.

Honestly, I basically like the smaller decorative elements because I always have empty spots to fill on my page. I love getting tons of the smaller things because I actually get use out of them vs. the big stuff that I rarely have room for on my page.

See what I mean about the way I talk. :lmao:

I have been known to put croppped photos on journal mats and journal on the photo mats when I have a lot to say;)

Honestly, I basically like the smaller decorative elements because I always have empty spots to fill on my page. I love getting tons of the smaller things because I actually get use out of them vs. the big stuff that I rarely have room for on my page.

I so agree with this! I never thought about journaling on the photo mats...what a great idea! I never use those mats, so I'll be usning this idea!

I have been known to put croppped photos on journal mats and journal on the photo mats when I have a lot to say;)

What a brilliant :idea:! I always need tons of room to journal and some of those photo mats would work perfectly for me most of the time. I don't know why I've never thought of doing that. :sad2:

I've been trying to sort of battle this lately with my swap elements. I've been making several boxes that could be used for a large journal box or a small photo mat. The problem is that I never know how to count them as an element.

Here are pics of two I've done recently.
100_3225.jpg

100_3227.jpg

I use photo mats, toppers, squares, tags (but not the library pocket) and journal boxes.

I rarely use photo frames. I have has a few shaker boxes leak, so I am leary of them now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter