what was your diet when you were a student?

Went to a College whose dining hall food won an award from Playboy Magazine. Then lived in a fraternity for 3 years with our own cook. I ate well in College.

I didn't realize how good our college dining hall was until I was out on my own and having to buy the food, cook it and clean up after myself.

Oh man, I know I ate more healthy stuff at home, but I do recall my on-campus go-to snaks from the little convenience store were Chocodiles, Skittles, peach rings, and bottles of Fruitopia. That's what kept me going.

Whatever my mom packed. We only went to school through the 8th grade in my community so packed lunches from Mom was the only option.

As cheaply as human possible! My go to staples were: Top Ramen, eggs, cheese sandwiches, canned Tuna, and the dollar menu at Wendy’s (if I was splurging). As a hunter and a fisherman I all ways had a freezer full of wild game and fish, and those were my protein sources.

Once is a blue moon I would spring for a local breakfast buffet place ($2.99), and my goal was a whole days worth of food from that one meal because $3.00 was extravagant.

Most memorable meals were at uni. A Thanksgiving meal cooked at a nearby state park with a few future James Beard winners in attendance; we were all broke but had great imaginations.

Lunches cooked and staffed by students in the Statler Dining Room of my first college. The meals were part of the graded work for several courses.
And I should have flunked my Beverage Control 2 class for serving the wrong wine to the wrong person. Serious oops.

whatever my mom was making at the time. in college i was a commuter student so allot of what i ate had to be consumed during the 90 minute drive to or back from campus. i do remember one awsome vending machine in one of the campus buildings that sold heated items-small single servings of dinty moore stew, chef boyardee, swansons chicken and noodles....those were a nice treat when they could be afforded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter