What was your favorite book series growing up in the 80's-90's?

Your Favorite Book Series growing up as a child

• The Baby-Sitter's Club

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Babysitters Little Sister Series

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Goosebumps

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Animorphs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Saddle Club

• Thoroughbred

• The Chronicles Of Narnia Series

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Sweet Valley Kids

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • The Bailey School Kids

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Dear America

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And BobbsyTwins when I was a little younger.

I forgot about the Bobbsy Twins-I liked those when I was younger too!

gotta ask-which ones? the ones i read in the 60's were considered VERY old school/dated b/c they were the original publications (unedited) from the early 1900's (the two very dog eared hard back copies i still have are publications from 1904 and 1907 :scared1: ). all the series 'older' books were revised begining in the 1960's (but apparantly the ones written after 1928 were 'modern' enough that they did'nt need revising and continued to be published along with new stories up through the '70's).

ah nan, bert, flossie and freddie:flower1:

I LOVED the Babysitter's Club series, and you just took me back to my childhood mentioning the super specials! I loved the ones where they went on vacation with the Pikes! And Claudia hiding candy in her room seemed so cool to me! I need to break those books back out! 😍
There was also the very first The Babysitter's Club Super Special called Babysitters On Board which they go on a cruise then go to Walt Disney World and I thought it was awesome. I loved the Babysitters Little Sister series and had almost every book in the series and I always thought Karen Brewer was neat but sometimes she'd have a wild imagination. Did you ever have the book Karen's Accident? That's the book where Karen has an accident and had to stay in the hospital and she was afraid to try new things after her accident? Sounds like Karen was trying to show her bravery at times

I think I had one Christopher Pike book "I can't believe that there was an mystery novelist that shares the exact same name as my Star Trek crush" and I found it at the Goodwill and I can see why Christopher Pike books were a hit with teenagers because they were interesting and it's no secret why Christopher Pike was a hit author. Does he still write mystery novels for teenagers today or did he retire?

The Babysitter's Club, Sweet Valley High, Nancy Drew, and Point Horror books were my go to books growing up.

I remember going to the library and getting Point Horror books, then staying up all night reading them in one sitting. Wish I could still read like that now!

As a kid I liked the purple hardcover Bobbsey Twins books. Yes, at times how women and others were portrayed bothered me a great deal. Not right at all. I also do not believe in lashing out to anyone physically which sometimes dad a place in the books too. Overall, I will always be grateful to the series for providing young me a safe haven during an often turbulent childhood.

Did you ever have the Thoroughbred book series growing up as a tween? I loved those because I love horses and I have almost the complete set and they are very very interesting if you're a fan of horse racing. I don't know why they stopped making the Thoroughbred book series but I was surprised that they did because the series was really good

I grew up in the 70s - Trixie Belden, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys were all ones I enjoyed. Oh and Little House on the Prairie. Those are the only series I can think of. I read a ton but maybe not many series besides those.

OMG anything VC Andrews.. Flowers in the Attic and the Heaven series..... read those as a teen.. we would share and pass those books in the hallway.. younger age was Little House on the Prairie and of course Ramona Series anything Judy Blume

Oh yes VC Andrews! That was more my late teen/college years.
Yes Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary was big as a kid.
And all the S.E. Hinton Books! Huge when I was a teen.

So really not series but fav authors.

On that list it would have been goosebumps but my favorite as a kid was Sleepover Friends by Susan Saunders. I remember saving my money to order from the scholastic book fair and going to the bookstore with my mom and grandma to buy them.

I read the entire BSC series written pre 1993 multiple times growing up. Enjoyed the super specials and mysteries.

I was also big into Nancy Drew and the Sleepover Friends series.
1712687686772.png

gotta ask-which ones? the ones i read in the 60's were considered VERY old school/dated b/c they were the original publications (unedited) from the early 1900's (the two very dog eared hard back copies i still have are publications from 1904 and 1907 :scared1: ). all the series 'older' books were revised begining in the 1960's (but apparantly the ones written after 1928 were 'modern' enough that they did'nt need revising and continued to be published along with new stories up through the '70's).

ah nan, bert, flossie and freddie:flower1:
I’m not even sure-I feel like they weren’t from the early 1900s. I was an avid reader even when very young, so I would have read these a long time ago and really don’t remember, but likely the newest ones that would have been around in the early 80s..😬

My dad used to read VC Andrews novels while waiting in line at the supermarket and he found them very exciting and when my mom and I would be waiting for him to return home from the supermarket Dad would tell us what books he'd read at the supermarket because when my family would be waiting in line at the supermarket checkout it was always a hobby for Dad to read novels while waiting and I used to think it was awesome. Did you also have books by Matt Christopher? Matt Christopher was a big bestselling kids book author of book series about sports and he even wrote autobiographies of sports celebrities for kids too. Matt Christopher was a big time author of kids sports themed book series and almost every kid had a Matt Christopher novel. My other favorite book series was a spinoff of the Dear America series named Royal Diaries and it talked about famous queens and princesses from the 1700s to the 1600's and some of the princesses and queens mentioned in the Royal Diaries series you never even knew about before. Even today that series is still my favorite

The Babysitters Club was my absolute favorite. I still have all 131 books and 15 super specials! But I loved a series called The Gymnasts and also one called Pen Pals about girls in a boarding school!

Not gonna lie, I'm well into my 40's but will still pull out a BSC super special from time to time for the nostalgia! My favorite after #1 with the cruise and Disney world is #2 with the summer camp!

Hulagirl, I especially enjoyed the final Pen Pals book because of the love the two teachers had for their students. Been years since I read the series. Thanks for the memory :) PM me if you would enjoy reading a BSC bok together. I no longer have all of them but do have some including Little Sister.

Happy reading Wednesday hug to all.

I liked the Beverly Cleary books as well as Judy Blume's books.

I liked Encyclopedia Brown and another similar series (I can't remember the name of the series but the names of the kid detectives were in every title: "Hawkeye Collins and Amy Adams and the Case of the ____" )

I liked Anne of Green Gables series and Emily of New Moon (both by L. M. Montgomery.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter