What was your first resort?

I stayed as a child, but neither of my parents can remember where! They're not Disney people 🤣

The first place I remember staying was All Star Sports. I was in college and someone else paid for my room and it was perfectly fine! But after experiencing other resorts since then, I don't picture myself returning.

We have stayed at Coronado both before and after the upgrades. Before the upgrades, we loved the property but weren't wowed by the rooms. Now the tower is one of our favorite spots on property. Enjoy your time there!!

First for me was Shades of Green in 2008, every trip after that was either off site or at SOG. First for hubby was Dixie Landings in the 90s. Going to stay for the first time in an actual Disney resort in June at BC.

We stayed at the Contemporary in 1978. Our arrival was very late at night and I still remember the tingle of anticipation when the lights of the CR came into view for the first time. Our room was on the first floor of the North Garden Wing - a segment that no longer exists. I was very young but I do recall travelling up an escalator to check in at the lobby on the second floor of the main building, breakfasts in the Fiesta Fun Centre, the predominantly orange colours of the Grand Canyon Concourse and the CMs having to walk the length of the monorail station while closing each train door manually. To a little girl impatient for the MK it seemed to take them an eternity!

It has been a number of years since our last stay at the CR. But our first stay certainly left lingering emotions - all of them on the happy end of the spectrum!

All Star Sports in 1998 at age 40! Since then All Star Movies, Pop, CBR (several times)POR (won't go back there) and WL 2X. WL is my favorite. We got upgraded the first time and loved being able to lay on the foot of the bed or sit on the balcony and watch the MK fireworks.

We stayed at Coronado Springs 3 times (and loved it) until our kids got too big to share a double bed. Moved to the Poly for the next 6 trips.

I can't remember where we stayed when I was 7--in 1977!--or when I came in high school, but our first trip as adults paying our own way was to Port Orleans, and we fell in love with Disney. We went back to PO once more, then bought into DVC with WL as our home resort. We've stayed there the most, but also at BLT, BV, OKW, AKL, and SS. My dream resort is Poly--no idea why. But I still love the theming of PO.

Golf Resort in 84, I was 8. As an adult, first on-site with my family was POFQ. We've done Contemporary, CBR, and we're doing the Dolphin this year, but POFQ still holds a special place in my heart!

We stayed at WL our first on property trip and have been back since & have another trip in July staying there. My husband won’t stay anywhere else now 😩. I should have started somewhere else 😂

Poly in 1979 and again in '82, it is my favorite but have not been back there since then :( Maybe one day I will get a super great pin code.

I was 9 years old and stayed at the Contemporary in 1979. I couldn't believe that something so amazing existed. We didn't know what to expect. There was no YouTube or internet. We stared at the little vacation brochure from the travel agent for months!

Apparently we stayed at All Star Sports on a band/chorus trip back in '98, but I don't remember anything about the resort (I only know this from talking with a girl I roomed with and asking what off property resort we stayed at, she was like "we didn't stay off property, we stayed at Sports"....oops). The first I remember was Riverside in 2017, my kids first trip, and we haven't been back since since we really hated the bus situation.

First onsite resort was Beach Club back in 2012 and we loved it. We are headed back there for the first time since that trip and are super excited.

Caribbean Beach and when we first went they had parrots there. Loved it, got us hooked on WDW. I grew up vacationing at the Jersey shore so this was a big deal hehe

August 1986, I was thirteen years old & my family stayed at Fort Wilderness in a cabin. June 2010, I went with DH & DD for their first ever WDW trip & we stayed club level at Contemporary. It was supposed to be a one and done trip per DH. He was planning another trip before we left WDW!

We stayed at the Contemporary for the first few visits. Growing up and seeing the commercials about WDW the Contemporary was THE resort to stay at. I actually really loved it. The rooms were nice and you can't beat the location to MK. The only draw back was back then, you shared a bus with both the Poly and the GF.
This was my first on property resort too. Really great when you have young children & spend a lot of time at MK.

We’re now Boardwalk people 😉

Pop as a kid then my first trip with my kids was Pop.
Then we went to French Quarter..
Last year CB bought DVC.. poly one night .. this summer Jambo, and Boulder

My first was Caribbean Beach when I was 6. We stayed there many many times growing up. I brought my own daughter to stay there for her first trip when she was 3. It was a really magical experience to come full circle. These days we prefer Beach Club/Poly but CBR will always hold a special place in my heart.

First on-site resort was Caribbean Beach. I remember I picked it for the tropical theme. We stayed in the Jamaica section. Loved all the colors and enjoyed our stay. We have not been back yet. I wanted to try the other moderate resorts first. We have now stayed at CBR, CSR and PORFQ. I loved my stay at each for different reasons. This summer I will staying at a value resort for the first time, Pop Century. I have a feeling I am going to miss the tranquil settings of the moderate resorts after long days at the parks but the mods were not available when I booked the Free Dining promo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter