What will happen to my brick outside MK

franw

DIS Veteran
I am hoping I am asking this in the right forum. Ten years ago in October I was given a brick in my honor outside of the MK and I think it was good for 10 years. Are they going to be pulling them up or can we renew our contract? Can we buy back our brick if they pull them up? It has very special significance to me and I would hate to not be able to visit any more.

I believe they are going to leave them there longer than 10 years. But the way I understand it, once Disney decides to pull them up, we are out of luck. I don't think we can get our brick back. Would be nice to put in the garden though! :D

Find out when they're scheduled to be removed (if they ever do), and go along and ask for it in person. Or remove it the night before, under the cover of drakness :teeth:

Of course, unless you live nearby or happen to have a holiday scheduled, this could prive tricky....

When Atlanta sold bricks to go in the park they built for the Olympics you could buy a replica of your brick.

Too bad Disney did not offer the same thing.

One day the mail man showed up with a brick for our mail box, and three for my in-laws. I know he hated work that day. I can't imagine how many bricks he had to deliver.

A few years ago Disney did offer a replica made of wood or lucite. I lost that information but when I was at WDW in June I asked if this was still an option and was told nope! We have 2 bricks and even though I have pictures of them I would love a replica. Annmarie

Yes, they did offer (no longer) both small (about 6-8 inches high) octagon shaped replicas, engaved exactly as the real brick, in either Lucite or wood, with a Lucite or wooden base to stand it in. Additionally, you could purchase small wooden replicas, (about 1 1/2 inches diameter) for a keychain, again, engraved just like your brick. Naturally, LOL, I bough both, the wooden table dispaly and the keychain thing. I love the keychain one especially, always with me, a daily reminder of our family trip in '99

What about getting a rubbing of your brick. It's not the same as the real thing, I know, but it's something to keep.

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I noted that when coming off the monorail, a lot of those bricks are so worn that they are almost impossible to read anymore.

pinnie

Well, we have about 200 photos of my feet on either side of the brick so I guess I could get it replicated in Colorado. I would imagine it would be a nightmare trying to track down all the brick owners and some of them are looking very sad. I try to spruce mine up every visit and we have become close friends over the years.

Some of the bricks in the busier areas are trashed, either cracked, worn flat, or covered in gum (something that really gets on my wick).

I would have thought the sensible thing to do on Diney's part would be to just replace the worn bricks with new ones?

In the application agreement from WDW they state they are not responsible for damaged bricks; they may be removed at their discretion as wells as other things that I can't remember. Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter