• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What would you do with extra money?

I would suggest you sit down with a financial consultant to look at all your goals, assets and obligations. He or she will have a much better idea on how you should use this money. There are fee for service consultants and those that work fir a brokerage firm. I prefer the fee based consultants since they don’t have a commission at stake based on your investment decisions
Concur. OP, it sounds like you have a slightly complicated financial investment situation right now so a good financial advisor might be able to make some suggestions of things that might not be on your radar. You need more personalized advice than you should ever trust internet strangers to provide.

Interest bonds are paying well right now. I don’t remember what the new rate was starting in October/November but when we bought them in May it was 9.xx% (can’t remember the exact percentage)

Interest bonds are paying well right now. I don’t remember what the new rate was starting in October/November but when we bought them in May it was 9.xx% (can’t remember the exact percentage)
6.89% now

Pay down the mortgage(s). Do not purchase a third house; that's a lot of maintenance, taxes, etc. to add to a budget; you can almost certainly "come out ahead" by renting when you want to go to Florida. Once your mortgages are gone (doesn't matter that they're smaller than those your friends carry), you'll be amazed at how much more income you have each month. Because our house was paid off, we had no problem paying for college without touching our savings -- that was a huge blessing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter