What Would You Do?

spm23

Mouseketeer
I have no points this year and want to wait until next year to combine them with borrowing from the year after for a long trip.

I started looking for a cheap break to Spain in the summer and then as you do, had a quick look to see if there were any deals on Disney for the same time.

For about £800 extra, I could go to All Star Music for 2 weeks.
We have days left on passes from last year, Spain will be cheaper when we are there, maybe more relaxing, quicker flight etc Disney is as we all know, the best place in the world, and we have stayed at all star before, its when we purchased DVC.

My open questions are:

Do you think when you have had the luxury/friendliness and quietness of DVC its easy to go and stay in the All Star? Do you think we would be disappointed?

Would you cut back now for a few months and find/save the £800 to do so, plus what will be the extra spending money no doubt. We wouldn't have a car but have to eat on site more then etc

I know I am probably asking the wrong people as you are equally biased but DD and I want to go back home (even if its not DVC), DW wants to reduce our mortgage and have a cheap break (so practical).

In a Deal or No Deal style, What would you all do, Deal and go to Florida, or No Deal, enjoy Spain and pay some money off the mortgage.

Thanks

What about renting DVC points or you could get a package to Spain and go to Port Ventura to get a theme park fix.

Let us know what you decide

Susan

Personally I'm not one who has to go to Disney every year, so in my view, if it's above your allocated budget and you'd have to really cut back to make it, you shouldn't go this year.

Maybe you could consider driving to France and/or Spain and doing a quick detour to DLP? Although I don't like it much myself, loads do, and it would give you your Disney fix and you'd still get your more relaxing holiday on the Med.

Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to do.

I'd go to Spain TBH. We love our WDW trips (we're buying into DVC at the moment) but, however budget-conscious we try and be, we always end up spending way more than anticipated. We're off to Southern Spain for a month this summer and can't wait... :thumbsup2

I'd look into the cost of renting points for a studio at OKW (cheapest on points) or take the All Stars deal as I'd rather be in Florida than Spain

I'd look into the cost of renting points for a studio at OKW (cheapest on points) or take the All Stars deal as I'd rather be in Florida than Spain

I agree, perhaps you could also buy annual passes as you get quite a large discount being DVC members, you could upgrade the passes you have and then use them again next year for free if you go again within a year

As you said you know what the Allstars are like
I would go for it :thumbsup2
Why spend money on something you are relly not happy with

have you tried booking DIY
you might get a discount room

As a DVC member do we get discounts on resort rooms
as someone said upgrade your old ticket to AP's and you could get discounts on rooms there

I would scirmp and scrape the get extra money and goto Florida, we spent 2 weeks in Majorca and wished everyday that we were back in WDW. It was a total waste of money.
Look into renting points, I have done so for our upcoming trip, as we were not DVC members then.

Good Luck with your choice.

I know the feeling!! At this moment we are a one income family but I refuse to give up my Disney Fix!! It's what keeps me sane quite honestly...

I stayed at AllStar last year to save some points when I went on my own. To be honest I was glad when I switched to SSR. But I think the fact that I was on my own probably played a big part in that.

I agree with trying to get an AP this year and room discount. That would be part of next years holiday saved.

It's still 5-6 months before the holiday, I'm sure there are some creative ways of savings... bottle money in a piggybank. packed lunch to work instead of buying sarnies etc.

Life it to short not to go to Disneyworld!!

If it were me, I'd go to Disney. No question. I agree with looking into an annual pass. You only need one to get the discount. If you could stretch to it, I'd try and push to a moderate over a value if you can make it work.

It's each to his own on this. Last year we too spent a week in Spain and spent the entire time miserable. Even DLP didn't hit the spot for us.

Hi Simon,

We live in the UK and have been DVC members since 1997. We have a number of points from our September use year which are available for rent if you are intereted.

Regards

Keith

Thanks for all the advice, in the end, sense (or DW) prevailed and we are saving money and points for a longer stay next year. Maybe mix up some of the different sites available as we have only gone back to SSR since joining.

Off to Turkey (not the same except heat wise) but so much cheaper, two weeks in the summer holidays when schools are out and its cheap there too.

Better start planning for next year now. Summer 3 weeks or Christmas for 2 weeks? Decisions Decisons

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter