What would you pair with Honey Thyme Icecream?

goodeats

DIS Veteran
My DH is making a nice dinner on Valentine's Day? :love: We're having filets with a gorgonzola cream sauce, asparagus, and garlic potatoes. Plus a nice bottle of Pinot Noir. It's dessert he's having trouble with.

We just got the ice cream maker attachment to the Kitchenaid Mixer and he used it yesterday to make a Honey Thyme ice cream that was in Bon Appetit a while back. He let me have a small taste, and it's excellent. A nice subtle lemony taste, not too herby like I was worried about! He feels like ice cream alone is not 'desserty' enough and wants to make something else to go with it. A thought Grand Marnier Souffle, but that seems too complicated for a weeknight. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

I think ice cream makes a complete dessert when served with some delicate cookies---either on a plate or stuck into the ice cream as its served.

Anothr thought is to saute strawberries in some sugar and balsamic vinegar and serve that on top of the ice cream.

How about pears poached in a dry white wine with the ice cream on top of the pear halves?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter