What would your itinerary be for one day at Sea World?

ksdisneyfan

Mouseketeer
My DH and I are taking our 4 children (8 and under) to Sea World next month. We are doing one day there, taking a beach day, and then going to Disneyland for 4 1/2 days.

We'd like to see the best SeaWorld has to offer, especially the rides/shows that would appeal to younger kids.

How would you outline your day? What time would you start? We'll be there on Friday, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help!

We only had one day at Sea World so we made sure we got the most out of it by going at opening time and staying until close. Didn't see every single thing but we saw a lot of the main popular attractions. With 4 kids age 8 and under you will probably move a little slower so when you get in, look at the schedule/map and pick out a couple of must see shows so that you can work around those times when you have to arrive for seating (early is best for good seats). Must see for us was "Believe at Shamu Stadium". The sea lion and otter show was also very entertaining. In between shows we toured the exhibit and Animal Encounter areas. My youngest was 9 at the time and his best memory of Sea World is feeding the dolphins which is about $5.00 for a tray of small fish. It would have been nice to see every single live show and go on the rides (there are I think 3 rides) but we would have needed at least another 1/2 day and we had just finished at Disneyland anyway. We skipped the Bayside Skyride and Sky Tower because there is an extra fee of $3.00 per person for those. Have a wonderful time!

I would plan on heading to the Penguin Encounter almost immediately upon opening, since they normally do the feeding then. Do Wild Arctic if your kids can handle a ride like Star Tours - otherwise, either do the non-simulation video, or just head into the exhibit.

Wild Arctic has a great kids play area with ice caves and such, and is a great walk through with lots of tactile things to do.

Definitely do a morning dolphin show, an afternoon Sea Lion show, and an evening Shamu show, if you can swing it. If you HAVE to skip one show, remember that none of the stadiums have shade, and only you know what animals your kids HAVE to see.

Remember that if the kids get wet at any of the exhibits or shows they're going to be sticky! So wet wipes and/or frequent arm washing is going to be a plus.

Don't forget the tide pool exhibit, and if your kids are set on seeing a sea star, ask the educator at the pool if they can get one of the stars for them to touch, if they're too far out of reach.

The play area in Sea World is fantastic, but tires kids out. Only you know when they'll need a break, or how long they can play for before being wiped out.

Take a time out for some food in a covered, shaded area, and STAY HYDRATED!!!! Especially with a beach day and Disneyland coming up, if the kids stop having fun, go find a shady place outside of the sesame street lights show (and the Cirque de La Mer stadium) lay some clothes out on the grass and relax. Trust me, your children will thank you by the time you get to Disneyland!

If you only get to feed one thing, I recommend the sting rays, as the dolphin feeding (unless your kids are dolphin CRAZY) tends to be a bit crazy and they'll easily be smushed, or disappointed if a dolphin takes their fish and doesn't stick around to be paid attention to.

Hope that helps.... Have a fantastic time!!!

B

Thank you all so much for your help! This gives me some great ideas to go off of! Thanks for being so specific!:goodvibes

I would plan on heading to the Penguin Encounter almost immediately upon opening, since they normally do the feeding then. Do Wild Arctic if your kids can handle a ride like Star Tours - otherwise, either do the non-simulation video, or just head into the exhibit.

Wild Arctic has a great kids play area with ice caves and such, and is a great walk through with lots of tactile things to do.

Definitely do a morning dolphin show, an afternoon Sea Lion show, and an evening Shamu show, if you can swing it. If you HAVE to skip one show, remember that none of the stadiums have shade, and only you know what animals your kids HAVE to see.

Remember that if the kids get wet at any of the exhibits or shows they're going to be sticky! So wet wipes and/or frequent arm washing is going to be a plus.

Don't forget the tide pool exhibit, and if your kids are set on seeing a sea star, ask the educator at the pool if they can get one of the stars for them to touch, if they're too far out of reach.

The play area in Sea World is fantastic, but tires kids out. Only you know when they'll need a break, or how long they can play for before being wiped out.

Take a time out for some food in a covered, shaded area, and STAY HYDRATED!!!! Especially with a beach day and Disneyland coming up, if the kids stop having fun, go find a shady place outside of the sesame street lights show (and the Cirque de La Mer stadium) lay some clothes out on the grass and relax. Trust me, your children will thank you by the time you get to Disneyland!

If you only get to feed one thing, I recommend the sting rays, as the dolphin feeding (unless your kids are dolphin CRAZY) tends to be a bit crazy and they'll easily be smushed, or disappointed if a dolphin takes their fish and doesn't stick around to be paid attention to.

Hope that helps.... Have a fantastic time!!!

B

These are great ideas. Wer are also heading to Sea world for one day in August and was at a loss as how to plan the day. I tend to be a little commando when we visit DW and now that we are visiting out west I feel a little lost.

August may be a little easier simply because of Sea World's Summer Nights evening hours. Easier as far as getting to see everything (because you just can't in one regular day), but if you have kids - it's gonna be a lonnnnnng day! Not more so than Disney, but certainly not less!

Hope you all have a fantastic time. I've spent many, MANY, hours at Sea World (though not recently as I moved 4 hours away) and have fond memories that will last forever!

Our typical day at Sea World...and I have 2DD's ages 6 and 4. We go every July.

Breakfast with Shamu at 9:30 (great experience with LOTS of whale interaction) followed by the first Believe show of the day.

Feed the sea lions/seals

Pets Rule show at noon

Manatees/Sharks

Dolphin or Sea Lion Show at around 1-1:30

Penguins/Wild Arctic (can easily spend an hour in here)

Snack (breakfast is big so don't need lunch but have snacks for the kids all along if they need it)

Tide Pools

Cirque de La Mer show around 4pm

Clydesdales

Shop

Done around 5-5:30

There are probably several more exhibits we stop at that I am just not thinking about but we wander through everything as we come to it. The shows listed are our favorite, try to hit every time ones. We did the nighttime Shamu show once and my girls like the daytime one way better. The nighttime one was so loud it scared them.

We generally avoid the play area in the middle too and don't spend anytime there simply because we wouldn't have time to do all the other stuff if we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter