What's better than a honeymoon? TWO Honeymoons! 8/30 57 hours/13 months to go!

We only got a dusting up here. I wanted to see the snow squalls tho! I'm a meteorologist though so that stuff is fun for me :goodvibes

I'm glad I helped! :thumbsup2

The snow was pretty intense. I was on my way home and got caught right in it. Definitely interesting weather!

Nothing makes a trip feel real like booking it, right? I was trying to wait in hopes that free dining would be offered again this year. And I was doing a pretty good job of being patient. But a couple of weeks ago, I got the 20/30/40 pin email. Well, that was a good enough reason to book! We'll be staying September 5-12 at the Poly.

I'm 97% sure we'll be adding the Dining Plan, as the discount on the room ends up being better than free dining. Not sure why I haven't added it yet... maybe I just want to draw out trip planning a little longer?

We're also pretty sure that we'll be visiting Universal before heading to Disney. Neither of us have been there and I'm super excited about going to some new parks! Not to mention the whole Harry Potter thing... but we have no idea which Universal hotel to book... any suggestions?

We stayed at Sandals Regency in St. Lucia. It was beautiful and so much fun!

Oh v nice. That was actually the one that I looked into if we me and DF were to get married over there. I got a price for this year for two weeks inc wedding and staying in one of the suites with Butler Service and it was an amazing deal.

What did you think of the resort? Those Millionaire Suites look awesome don't they?

Nothing makes a trip feel real like booking it, right? I was trying to wait in hopes that free dining would be offered again this year. And I was doing a pretty good job of being patient. But a couple of weeks ago, I got the 20/30/40 pin email. Well, that was a good enough reason to book! We'll be staying September 5-12 at the Poly.

I'm 97% sure we'll be adding the Dining Plan, as the discount on the room ends up being better than free dining. Not sure why I haven't added it yet... maybe I just want to draw out trip planning a little longer?

We're also pretty sure that we'll be visiting Universal before heading to Disney. Neither of us have been there and I'm super excited about going to some new parks! Not to mention the whole Harry Potter thing... but we have no idea which Universal hotel to book... any suggestions?

You should defo add the DDP on to your ressie, don't know where me and DF would be without it.

Hotel wise for US, Portofino and Hard Rock look pretty good. Do you use Tripadvisor? Its such a great website, I use it for any hotel I am thinking of staying at for the user reviews (mostly pretty much spot on).

Stefy- we LOVED the Regency! While there, we spent time at the other Sandals resorts on St. Lucia but we were happy that 'our' resort was the Regency. Our room was very close to the lobby and had an ocean view.
roomregency.jpg

I don't remember what category it was, but it had a mini fridge stocked with soft drinks and juices (not alcohol). The higher categories have alcohol in room.
The room was fabulous and amazing!
mainpoolocean.jpg

This was almost the view from our room (we were a little further down, but gives you an idea)
throughlobbyouttoocean.jpg

This was looking through the lobby restaurant.. it was all completely open to the outside. And sometimes cruise ships rolled by!
swimupbar.jpg

We LOVED the swim up bars.

Sorry for that interlude, but we just loved the trip and I love recommending it to others. I do have some pictures of the other 2 Sandals St.Lucia resorts.

We saw one wedding at the Grande (different resort) and it was beautiful!

Hotel wise for US, Portofino and Hard Rock look pretty good. Do you use Tripadvisor? Its such a great website, I use it for any hotel I am thinking of staying at for the user reviews (mostly pretty much spot on).

I love Tripadvisor... it's like the DIS for the rest of the world :rotfl:

I didn't even think of looking at Universal hotels over there... thanks for the idea!
For some reason Ben doesn't want to stay at the Hard Rock Hotel... but he hasn't said why. I think I am leaning toward Portofino. I still don't know how much time we'll have for Universal, but I'm guessing 2 nights...

A big part of trip planning is buying the stuff you need for the trip, right? Sometimes that can be more complicated than you'd think...

On the rare days that Ben and I are both home from work, we like to have a little adventure. We’ll try to think of something new and fun to do. Sometimes this works and we end up skiing for the first time in 10 years. (We did pretty well, too!) Usually, we can’t come up with anything because we’re boring. When this happens, we get on the train and go to Boston. There might be some talk of what we’ll do when we get there, but we both know that it’s going to turn into an impromptu bar crawl. We’re kind of famous for them now.
The weekend after Christmas was one of these times. So that is how we found ourselves walking around Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market on a Saturday afternoon.
IMG_0022.jpg

We hadn’t yet given up the idea of finding ‘something’ to do and were still pretending that we weren’t just killing time till we could wander into a bar and get a beer. Wow. Written down like that makes it sound so…unhealthy. Let’s just continue with the story…
As we walked, we came across the Croc store. Ben loves his Crocs. He thinks they are the ugliest shoes in the world (and will tell that to anyone noticing he’s wearing them- like if he says it first then they can’t make fun of him for it) but they are so comfortable and useful that he loves ‘em anyway. I’ve been jealous of the Crocs since he got them. Now you might be thinking, “So get some.” But you also might be thinking, “I bet she’s going somewhere with this…” and you’d be right. I never got a pair because whenever I tried them on, my toe knuckles would hit the top of the shoe and it felt really weird. The rest of my foot fit fine, but those darn toe knuckles. So I wanted a pair, but they did not want me.
When we noticed there was a sale going on (buy one get one ½ off), we decided to check it out. I thought I might find a different style that was more compatible with my toe knuckles. Turns out, I was just trying on the wrong size. I went up a size and they were perfect! Problems with buying shoes are nothing new to me- I once went a year wearing size 9 ½ shoes because I thought that was my size. One day I tried on a pair of 8’s and they fit. I thought my feet shrunk. All my other shoes had been too big. I have no explanation for it.
So I am the happiest kid in the Croc store as we buy my shoes. Ben got a pair of canvas Crocs that were very nice and wouldn’t require an introduction of their own (“Hi, I’m Ben. Look at these shoes I’m wearing- aren’t they ugly!) It would save time when meeting new people.
We left and found ourselves at a bar (didn’t see that one coming!)
IMG_0028.jpg

After a tasty Harpoon IPA, we moseyed on. We had the vague plan of getting dinner in the North End before catching a show at the Improv Asylum (I highly recommend this place- hysterical!) Each place we wondered, the bag with the Crocs went with us. We eventually ended up meeting some friends and scrapped our plans to hang out with them in Cambridge. But then it got late. As in, we were in Boston and it was 12:30am and we were relying on the T to get home. Boston is a fine city with many wonderful things to offer, but late night public transportation is not one of them. We needed a cab to get us to the closest train stop to save precious minutes. Our cabby was super nice and we chatted about his very quiet Toyota Prius cab before dashing out to catch the last train (literally- it turns out this was the last one!) home. As we get to the platform, I asked Ben if he had the Crocs. Nope. They made it with us all day long, but they did not catch the last train…

This is us all happy before the whole Croc fiasco:
IMG_0018.jpg

for the after picture, imagine us more tired and pretty bummed.

These pictures are courtesy of Ben's Christmas present- a new camera that we are in love with. It is tiny and goes with us almost every where.

And if there was still any question of whether Ben is a wonderful guy... He went back into Boston the next day to re-buy the Crocs! So I do have Crocs of my very own now! :woohoo:

Awww what a cute story!! I love my Crocs....Df hates CROCS!! So glad you got a pair that are comfy!!!:woohoo:

Wow gorgeous pics of Sandals, it looks so pretty and tropical. Thanx for sharing :)

I hope you guys do get to spend time at US, City Walk is pretty cool and the nightlife is supposed to be pretty good.

What a cute story about your Crocs, glad it worked out ok in the end and you got a pair that fits you perfectly :)

Alright, all caught up now!

You're going to have such a wonderful "disneymoon"! I would LOVE to stay at the POLY. We went to Ohana on our recent trip and I was like...I totally get why everyone loves this hotel! :cloud9:

And your pictures from Sandals are amazing - it looks SO beautiful there!

As for US, while I've been many times I've never actually stayed there. However, my best friend stayed at Portofino a few years back and she absolutely loved it. :thumbsup2

Awww what a cute story!! I love my Crocs....Df hates CROCS!! So glad you got a pair that are comfy!!!:woohoo:
While I'll never say I love the look of Crocs, I do love them. I think they are super useful... they can get wet and they slip right on and they are comfortable.

Wow gorgeous pics of Sandals, it looks so pretty and tropical. Thanx for sharing :)

I hope you guys do get to spend time at US, City Walk is pretty cool and the nightlife is supposed to be pretty good.

What a cute story about your Crocs, glad it worked out ok in the end and you got a pair that fits you perfectly :)

I'm really getting excited about Universal... I've read so much about the different attractions, there's a ton of stuff I want to see! And City Walk does sound like a lot of fun, especially with Pleasure Island gone...

Alright, all caught up now!

You're going to have such a wonderful "disneymoon"! I would LOVE to stay at the POLY. We went to Ohana on our recent trip and I was like...I totally get why everyone loves this hotel! :cloud9:

And your pictures from Sandals are amazing - it looks SO beautiful there!

As for US, while I've been many times I've never actually stayed there. However, my best friend stayed at Portofino a few years back and she absolutely loved it. :thumbsup2

Looks like Portofino is in the lead for us. It's a whole new experience trying to plan this part of the trip!

I want to thank everyone for following along so far!

I"m in... popcorn::

Congrats on the engagement, we love the poly as well. It's beautiful but we've decided to try out AKL for our next trip. I can't wait to read the rest of your plans (wedding and all)

I"m in... popcorn::

Congrats on the engagement, we love the poly as well. It's beautiful but we've decided to try out AKL for our next trip. I can't wait to read the rest of your plans (wedding and all)

Welcome aboard! We've got lots of wedding stuff coming up starting this weekend, and I think some of it is bound to end up in my updates.

I'm off to take a peak (peek?... i think it's peek...) at your TR/PTR

I'm not getting married barefoot! I was very indecisive deciding what kind of shoes I'd be wearing for the wedding. I thought flats cause Ben and I are exactly the same height, and heels make me taller- that's what they do:rotfl:. I was pretty sure I'd just wear flip flops. But then I realized that it didn't matter if I was a little taller, and a heel would make me feel dressed up (like the giant white dress and hair and make-up wouldn't? I'm weird...)so I changed my mind. But only for a little heel. So now these are upstairs just waiting for April:
6219-739409-d.jpg

though I do have a few months for my indecision to get the best of me again...

And if I can ask a favor of anyone reading this: don't let me forget to pick up my veil before next Saturday. I kept meaning to do it, and I also kept putting it off and now my hair trial is next week and I'm gonna want that veil for that! I am not a good bride-to-be, I am realizing.

So on to the Disneymoon:
We've got some firmed up plans, and nothing gets me revved up for a trip like actual dates!
We are flying out of Boston (not that we actually have plane tickets yet, but I think it is safe to assume that we will get them) Sept 2 and heading to Universal (Portofino Bay, but we still have to book and it is subject to change). We'll spend Friday, Saturday and a good chunk of Sunday at the parks. Then Sunday night we'll check into the Poly and we're staying till the 12th.
We're going to get 4 day Universal tickets cause they make the most sense money-wise. That also means we can head back another day that week if we decide to.
Our Disney tickets are 7 day park hoppers (we are extreme park hoppers and I don't think that will ever change).
We aren't planing on renting a car, though. But the more I think about cab fares adding up, the more I think I should start looking into a rental...

And now I should go to bed to prepare for a looooong day tomorrow. We are sadly losing a staff member at work because she got a job offer she couldn't pass up. She will be very much missed.
We have a TON of folks to interview tomorrow, so wish me luck that we'll find a good candidate. Being short staffed means my schedule gets way crappier. It also means it will be tough to take the time off I need to in the next couple months!

I'm excited for some wedding-related updates! :goodvibes

I hear you on the heel issue - FI and I are the exact same height as well. Isn't that crazy?! I've got a ways to go before I have to worry about my shoes, but you better believe I've already been debating - flats, small heel...flats, small heel :lmao:

Good luck with the work situation!

Those shoes are cute and a good size heel too :)

Its great that you are spending time at US first and then on to Disney. Hopefully The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open too by the time you guys go.

Good luck with your interviews :)

Those Shoes are cute!! I"ll try to remind you about the veil. I hope the interviews went well!

Love the shoes! They look cute but comfy!! Hopefully work went well for you and wasn't too bad!

I'm excited for some wedding-related updates! :goodvibes

I hear you on the heel issue - FI and I are the exact same height as well. Isn't that crazy?! I've got a ways to go before I have to worry about my shoes, but you better believe I've already been debating - flats, small heel...flats, small heel :lmao:

Good luck with the work situation!
Thanks!

After seeing pictures of a friend's wedding I figured it won't matter if I'm a little taller. She's about 6 inches taller than her husband and they still look cute together!
So heels it is for me (though they are little). I'd say when it is time for you to find shoes, look at all kinds and pick the pair that stand out.

Those shoes are cute and a good size heel too :)

Its great that you are spending time at US first and then on to Disney. Hopefully The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will be open too by the time you guys go.

Good luck with your interviews :)
I am really excited to check out the Harry Potter stuff. I actually started re-reading the books recently, so that will be neat!

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::
Welcome aboard!

Those Shoes are cute!! I"ll try to remind you about the veil. I hope the interviews went well!

Thanks, I need all the help I can get with this stuff- I am a scatterbrain and just have too much going on!
Interviews went well, there's a whole new crop for this week though!

Love the shoes! They look cute but comfy!! Hopefully work went well for you and wasn't too bad!
The shoes seem pretty comfy so far, I think these will be the ones!

i'm here!! congrats on everything...now back to catching up!!
Hello!
I hope you enjoy my ramblings :)

So I haven't had a chance to update in a while, but I hope to soon! Lots of fun stuff's been happening lately- I'm gonna be a bit sad after the wedding. At least I'll still have our September trip to look forward to!

Thanks again for all your well wishes with work and such! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter