What's better than a honeymoon? TWO Honeymoons! 8/30 57 hours/13 months to go!

I honestly can't believe how close your trip is. If what gets me through my rough days is thinking that in just a little over a month I will be in Disney, I can't imagine how good it feels to say next week at this time...:goodvibes

Rafting sounds like so much fun! Lucky!

I'm glad to hear so many cats found homes. We love our cats. It's amazing how different their 2 personalities are. Our older one is more timid and shy and careful and our younger one is friendly and daring and DEMANDING. :laughing:

Our trip is so close! I will be in Florida this week! Just 3 more days of work to go!

Today was another good cat adoption day! I know what you mean about cat personalities- our 3 are all very unique!

That's cool that you have 2-park tickets. That's one of the best things about Universal-- "park hopping" requires walking 5 minutes, as opposed to hopping on a bus and transferring at some resort and getting on another bus/boat/monorail!
Always a good idea to leave the last few days loose-- you can repeat favorites or go back to stuff you missed.

We had fun park hopping at Disneyland for that reason- just walk over to the other park. Makes things a lot easier without having to plan every detail.

Yay for the trip next year being official! You're going to look amazing in those costumes! How funny that you keep wearing them every year! :lmao:

And about Epcot EMH...when we did them on our January trip it was one of my favorite moments of the trip. It was so peaceful walking through WS. I say enjoy some worldly beverages and just take the time to stroll. :thumbsup2

Yippeee! So happy to hear that about Epcot EMH. We will get there. I tried to make our Kona dinner ADR earlier, but nothing was available. I'll keep trying, though.

Here I am, stuck in The Longest Week Ever! I am already having trouble sleeping because of excitement... I can't imagine what Wednesday night is going to be like.

Of course, now there is a gosh-darned Hurricane Earl making trouble this week. It's supposed to hit the Carolinas on Thursday and then be up here in MA on Friday. I am just hope-hope-hoping that our flight gets out ok and that we avoid hurricaniness en route. I am already freaking out about getting on the flight (remember my flight of death to Jamaica in April? It has caused a fear of flying, I'm afraid)- I am going to be a miserable wreck on the smoothest flight, if we have weather related bumpiness I might die. Ick.

Anyway, I can't control the weather. So I am just going to keep being excited.

Here's the plans for our last day:

Day 11: Sunday, 9/12:
We weren't able to get as late a flight home as I wanted... our plane leaves at 4:40PM. But we'll make the best of our last day by spending it at Epcot. We have a lunch ADR at Coral Reef for 11:30AM, but I'm not sure we're keeping it. We already have too many meals and would be paying for this OOP and it's probably cutting it close with the time ME will pick us up, since they insist on doing that so early! But, we'll see...

omg i cnat believe you leave so soon!!!

so where are you staying next year!! my anxiety is killing me!

I second the stay away Earl. I'm worried about our flight getting out too!

One time my family and I were flying back from California, I'm not really a fan of flying either. Take offs and landings seem to be my weaknesses, but if we're up there and still and flat I"m good. Anyways, we landed in the middle of thunder and lightning and tons of bouncing. You could see the lightning out the windows. I thought I was never going to get out of that plane.

Plane phobia. check!

omg i cnat believe you leave so soon!!!

so where are you staying next year!! my anxiety is killing me!

I do leave soon, but it doesn't feel like it! I wish the time on the trip would go by as slowly as this week is!

Oh my goodness, I thought I had posted where we were staying next year! I know I meant to... I'll fix that in just a moment.

I second the stay away Earl. I'm worried about our flight getting out too!

One time my family and I were flying back from California, I'm not really a fan of flying either. Take offs and landings seem to be my weaknesses, but if we're up there and still and flat I"m good. Anyways, we landed in the middle of thunder and lightning and tons of bouncing. You could see the lightning out the windows. I thought I was never going to get out of that plane.

Plane phobia. check!

This fear of flying is very new and it's 100% thanks to my horrendous flight to Jamaica. Even if it's a smooth flight, I know I will spend the whole time waiting for the near death experience to start. Is 7 am too early to drink? (I'm kidding... mostly :rotfl:)

I must be losing my marbles, cause I know I meant to post this, but I guess I never did. Thanks to Amyrella for helping this scatterbrain remember!

A little bit ago I posted about my 31st birthday trip. The one that doesn't actually include my 31st birthday :rolleyes:. I tried to make it a longer trip so it would include 9/29 (the last day of free dining) and 10/11 (my birthday, of course!) but I know Ben couldn't take that much time off at once- and I probably couldn't either. Disney might extend free dining anyway, so there's a chance I'll change the dates. But for now, it's 9/29-10/7. That's 8 nights, our longest Disney-only trip yet!

I knew right away that I didn't want the QSDP. I priced a stay at a value with the upgrade to the DP, and it was only a teensy bit less than a stay at a moderate with free dining. I also knew we couldn't be spending Deluxe kinda bucks next year. So moderate it is!

I wanted to try a new resort, but I love POFQ very very very much. We stayed there on our big 2 week family trip when I was 12. It was wonderful (except when my parents got in a huge fight outside of the Little Mermaid show and my Dad stormed off and left the park. I also got swimmer's ear that trip. Both problems cleared up before we left Florida)!
How could I pick a different moderate when I love POFQ the way I do? Easy!

port_orleans_riverside.jpg

We stay here! :rotfl: It's a compromise.... sorta. Plus we are planning on visiting during this coming trip for Yee-haw Bob's show. So we'll get to get nice and amped up for a 'new' resort. And it really is new for Ben- he's never been to either French Quarter or Riverside.

So there you have it... our September/October 2011 trip, complete with MNSSHP and Food & Wine Festival. Yippeee!

I went down to Orlando in Oct four years a go and stumbled in the F&W event. It was cool but expensive. You'll enjoy it, from what I remember it was like 90 out and my poor body couldn't handle it.

At least the humid is back so we'll be more adjusted for FL weather!

Make sure you have all four pairs of shoes now that you packed socks! oh and shirts! :laughing: I may have no other others to wear down there but my windows will be awesome since that's all I've packed!

Very cool about next years plans! I keep wanting to attempt to think about it...but haven't got very far considering the next disney trip I help to tackle will be dd's honeymoon.

Can't believe how close the trip is now. If you see the crazy women yelling (cause my mother is near def) be sure and wave. :goodvibes

Of course, now there is a gosh-darned Hurricane Earl making trouble this week. It's supposed to hit the Carolinas on Thursday and then be up here in MA on Friday. I am just hope-hope-hoping that our flight gets out ok and that we avoid hurricaniness en route. I am already freaking out about getting on the flight (remember my flight of death to Jamaica in April? It has caused a fear of flying, I'm afraid)- I am going to be a miserable wreck on the smoothest flight, if we have weather related bumpiness I might die. Ick.

I used to LOVE to fly and even went to college for aerospace engineering. Then I got married on 9/1/01....and was stuck in Tahiti on 9/11. When the first plane left for the states days later, it was an all out FIST-fight at the airport :scared1: My new hubby was so good and stood in the back and managed to get us on that ONE flight...which also happened to have the worst turbulence I've ever experienced. Not ONE person said ONE word on that flight and I am not kidding. Everyone was paranoid and wondering what would happen. Well, then I had 2 kids and I really started to fear flying (what would happen to my kids if something happened to me???). Well, I am here to say that if you are that afraid, go to your doctor. 2 Xanex and I am cool as a cucumber and then usually fall asleep for at least an hour. :thumbsup2

I only do this on longer flights or when it is not a business flight (I fly ALL the time for business - YUCK). But if you really are concerned, go see your doc. It really, really helps me and just chills me out. Trust me, the other passengers are happy that I'm not white-knuckled crying in my chair (which I've done before.)

Wow you are sooooo close, bet you are so excited :teeth:

Loving the Viking outfits, v cool and different for MNSSHP.

Congrats on booking/planning your next Disney trip, looks like we will be crossing paths too :)

AHHH! So excited that you already booked for next year! I want to, but we are trying to have a kid and I don't really know how that would work. I could book and then cancel, I guess-- I don't know.

Love the costumes! You are such a cute couple!

About ME... We ate at 11:30 lunch last year at AK and made it back to POP to ride the ME at 1:30-- it was a rushed meal, but we did it. Since you are on the monorail and could walk from the TTC, I think you would be okay. Of course, you would have to pay OOP.

I know Coral Reef is rather expensive... is there a cheaper meal earlier in the week you could do OOP and use the DDP for CR? Just a thought!

yay riverside!!! i love it there!! i'm pretty sure thats where we are going to stay next year when we go!!

yay!! OMG you leave in like a day!

I went down to Orlando in Oct four years a go and stumbled in the F&W event. It was cool but expensive. You'll enjoy it, from what I remember it was like 90 out and my poor body couldn't handle it.

At least the humid is back so we'll be more adjusted for FL weather!

Make sure you have all four pairs of shoes now that you packed socks! oh and shirts! :laughing: I may have no other others to wear down there but my windows will be awesome since that's all I've packed!

I think we'll try to use some snack credits at the F&W festival, cause you're right- those prices are kinda steep for little tidbits of food.

I do still have to finish packing the 'odds and ends'!

Very cool about next years plans! I keep wanting to attempt to think about it...but haven't got very far considering the next disney trip I help to tackle will be dd's honeymoon.

Can't believe how close the trip is now. If you see the crazy women yelling (cause my mother is near def) be sure and wave. :goodvibes

How is wedding planing going for Kira? Hope she has a relaxing time on this trip and then a wonderful Disneymoon!

I used to LOVE to fly and even went to college for aerospace engineering. Then I got married on 9/1/01....and was stuck in Tahiti on 9/11. When the first plane left for the states days later, it was an all out FIST-fight at the airport :scared1: My new hubby was so good and stood in the back and managed to get us on that ONE flight...which also happened to have the worst turbulence I've ever experienced. Not ONE person said ONE word on that flight and I am not kidding. Everyone was paranoid and wondering what would happen. Well, then I had 2 kids and I really started to fear flying (what would happen to my kids if something happened to me???). Well, I am here to say that if you are that afraid, go to your doctor. 2 Xanex and I am cool as a cucumber and then usually fall asleep for at least an hour. :thumbsup2

I only do this on longer flights or when it is not a business flight (I fly ALL the time for business - YUCK). But if you really are concerned, go see your doc. It really, really helps me and just chills me out. Trust me, the other passengers are happy that I'm not white-knuckled crying in my chair (which I've done before.)

Wow, that is a bad flight story! It is amazing how an experience like that can completely change your view on flying. I was considering getting something from the doctor, I just have never taken anything stronger than Advil and don't know how it would effect me... but it might be worth it, considering...

Wow you are sooooo close, bet you are so excited :teeth:

Loving the Viking outfits, v cool and different for MNSSHP.

Congrats on booking/planning your next Disney trip, looks like we will be crossing paths too :)

Welcome back, Stefy!
I am SO excited!!

Ooh, maybe you'll get to see the vikings in person!

About ME... We ate at 11:30 lunch last year at AK and made it back to POP to ride the ME at 1:30-- it was a rushed meal, but we did it. Since you are on the monorail and could walk from the TTC, I think you would be okay. Of course, you would have to pay OOP.

I know Coral Reef is rather expensive... is there a cheaper meal earlier in the week you could do OOP and use the DDP for CR? Just a thought!

Thanks for this!! I feel better about being able to enjoy our lunch on the last day. And you're right- we could definitely pay OOP at Raglan Road, based on what I think we'll be ordering, it should be cheaper than Coral Reef lunch.

Woohoo, you made my night!

yay riverside!!! i love it there!! i'm pretty sure thats where we are going to stay next year when we go!!

yay!! OMG you leave in like a day!

I am excited about staying there... I've walked over there from POFQ, but never stayed there. It's such a pretty resort!

This is the second to last night before our trip!
And I just learned that we will not be staying at Ben's parents tomorrow night. Which is a good thing for me, I was worried about being able to get any sleep at all in an unfamiliar place. But it also means we will have to leave our house at 4AM Thursday to drop Penny off at their house on our way to Providence airport. I am a little nervous about getting to our flight early enough!

I picked up some lime green Mickey heads at Home Depot today! Ben kept asking me what they were for, so I had to tell him. He called me 'funny'. But then he let me write his name on some of them... and he said he'd wear them. So say hi to Ben if you see him!

Now I need to put away the computer and do my last bits of packing and a few other chores. Though now that we are staying here tomorrow night, I guess I could've been a last minute packer again after all!

Good night!

I love your resort choice for next year's trip! :thumbsup2

I probably won't be on tomorrow (I have class tomorrow night until 10:15), so I'll tell you bye now! I hope you and Ben have an absolutely magical second-half of your honeymoon! Take lots of pics of the Poly!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :goodvibes

Hi Girls! Ive been following your thread for a week, and finally decided to start off September with joining in on all the fun you're having. I was going to bed jealous after reading about your trips and not having any DISfriends :flower3:

Cant believe you leave so soon, but at least now I can follow along with your stories as you get back! Keep me posted, my DH and I leave in October! We're passing on Logan and flying out of Greene too (WAY better airport, great choice)

So thanks for letting me in on your plans and introducing myself... and best of luck sleeping tonight!

Five Elements of Taste Chocolate Bar
- Saturdays from September to June
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- $38 for Adults, $25 for Children 5-12, complimentary for Children 4 and under

See you tomorrow!

I love your resort choice for next year's trip! :thumbsup2

I probably won't be on tomorrow (I have class tomorrow night until 10:15), so I'll tell you bye now! I hope you and Ben have an absolutely magical second-half of your honeymoon! Take lots of pics of the Poly!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :goodvibes

Bye! Thank you! I'll take lots of pictures and will have plenty of stories to share when we get back :)

You are so close! You wouldn't be able to sleep no matter who's house you are staying at :)

I woke up at 3:30 this morning and almost got up cause it's the day before the trip and I wanted to get it started. Luckily I am feeling pretty exhausted right now, so there is hope for some snoozing tonight...

Hi Girls! Ive been following your thread for a week, and finally decided to start off September with joining in on all the fun you're having. I was going to bed jealous after reading about your trips and not having any DISfriends :flower3:

Cant believe you leave so soon, but at least now I can follow along with your stories as you get back! Keep me posted, my DH and I leave in October! We're passing on Logan and flying out of Greene too (WAY better airport, great choice)

So thanks for letting me in on your plans and introducing myself... and best of luck sleeping tonight!

Welcome, welcome! You are just in time, this PTR is about to go on hiatus and come back as a TR! I hope you stick around for that!

Five Elements of Taste Chocolate Bar
- Saturdays from September to June
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- $38 for Adults, $25 for Children 5-12, complimentary for Children 4 and under

See you tomorrow!

So doing the Chocolate Bar this year!

MCO in about 14 hours!!!! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter