What's the best way to get from park to park???

laurabelle

DIS Veteran
Hi!
Our family is blessed to be going back for trip #4 to the World for a quick winter getaway next weekend! :Pinkbounc

In order to get the most bang for our buck, we bought 4 day park hoppers (that way we KNOW we HAVE to come back ;) ) and we are taking advantage of the early entry days. We're staying @ ASMu and I know we need to bus it to the parks, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to get from one park to another. We don't plan on going back to the hotel to swim (brrr) or rest, but want to stay every minute in the parks, finding some down time here and there.

Here's our plan:
FRI- AK then Epcot
SAT-MGM then MK
SUN-MK then Epcot

I know we can take the monorail from MK to Epcot, any ideas for the other days?

Thanx!
laurabelle :earsgirl:

My only suggestion is that you switch your park days around so that you do MGM and Epcot on the same day. These parks are right next to each other and presumably it would be easier/faster to travel between these 2 parks than the way you have it scheduled.

If you go from MGM from the Magic Kingdom, there are two ways you can do it. You can take the bus to the TTC and then the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. Or, you can take the bus to the Contemporary and take the monorail or walk (it's only a five or ten minute walk). I would take whatever bus comes first (the stops are close to each other).

Karen

There are buses to each of the other parks from all of the parks, except for the MK. To get to any other park from MK, ride the ferry or monorail to TTC and then catch the bus (or monorail for Epcot) to the other park. MGM, AK, and Epcot have buses out front for all of the parks except MK.

I agree with kalamazoo. By doing that, you can take the boat from MGM to EPCOT and get dropped off right at the International Gateway entrance. Or you could walk and stop for lunch on the Boardwalk.

HBC

Unfortunately, due to the early entry schedule, this is the way it works out. Since I want to see Spectromagic and fireworks @ MK, and as far as I can tell it's only on Sat. night, I can't switch days. We're skipping Fantasmic this trip since my youngest is scared to death of it. I'll write down your suggestions, thanks for the ideas!

laurabelle

Depends on the park... we like to take the monorail from Epcot to MK and visa versa. We usually take the boat from MGM to Epcot, and visa versa... nice relaxing trip, we take the bus from MK to MGM and visa versa, and as far as the AK is concerned, the only way to get their from anywhere is a bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter