• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the difference between East 192 and West 192?

John Smith

Single Dad/Drive By Flirt
Trying to figure out which side is the rode EASIER travelled. I'm renting a vacation home next year and the company asked which subdivision I wanted, east or west of 1-4.

Any ideas of which is "better" or "easier" to get back and forth from Disney?

John, now that the road construction is all finished, there really isn't a lot in it. It just depends how far out you are. The eastern stretch goes as far out as Buenaventura Lakes, which is a good 20-25-minute drive along Osceola Parkway, while somewhere like Lindfields on the west may be only 10 minutes from Animal Kingdom. You pays your money.......!

Hi...there are so many developements....most within easy reach of Disney....most are west of Disney along 192 or just off 192 on highway 27 either north and south of 192......I would suggest west of 192 as there are lots of developements and easy access to Disney...if they tell you you will be off highway 27 it is still very close to Disney......probably don't want to be any farther south than a mile or so south of I-4 at "Baseball City" unless you get a a heck of good price......enjoy...Ted

And remember, if you choose west 192, you will be able to avoid most of the traffic by using Black Lake Rd. which runs parallel to 192 and leads you (with one left turn onto Sherberth) directly to the intersection of AKL. West 192 is somewhat nicer in appearance and amenities and crime is less of a problem in that area. Have fun! :D :D

Absolutley agree, we decided to buy west because of the nicer apperance, I have stayed on many complexes so if you need advise e-mail me.
Elle.

I would appreciate any suggestions for hotels on the west side of 192.

We rented a home on the east side this past summer, and it was beautiful and a straight shot using Osceola Parkway, but the hotel corridor looked, IMHO, kind of cheesy.

Any suggestions for hotels on the west part of 192 would be greatly appreciated! We are only going a short time, or I'd rent a condo!

Patti

I have read some really great reviews on numerous hotels on west 192 so I don't think you will be in any short supply of finding a great place and also prefer this side as well because it has many variety of services along the stretch that cater to tourists in the area whether restaurants, grocers, or souvenir shops so there is a lot to take advantage of.

We have always stayed on the west portion of 192 when visiting Orlando/WDW and can reccommend from personal experience Howard Johnson Maingate West due to numerous visits; always has been clean, comfortable, and nice. As far as other hotels, the ones that stick out right now in my memory even though I know there are a lot more are Comfort Suites Maingate West Resort (which is a fairly new property), Hampton Inn Maingate West, Sheraton Four Points Lakeside, Ron Jon Isle Resort, and Ramada Plaza just to name a few. Also, to read some reviews on places along this side you can check www.mouseplanet.com and get suggestions as well where you might want to book.

If you go the condo route, timeshare, or even home rental path again, there are many selections available along the west 192 vicinity that I have read about too here where you can do a search or read the home rental thread down below on this board for possible ideas. Hope this helps some.

Even for a short time I would go condo, depending on your budget per night, how much do you want to spend?
Elle

Thanks for trying to help, I appreciate it!

We are going for 4 nights (3/12-16), so if I go condo I have to pay the nightly fee versus a weekly (lower) rate. DH and I are leaving the kids at home (YAHOO!!!!!) so I absolutely will not be cooking, reheating, baking, pouring, or evening opening anything except a bottle of wine!!!! (Read: no kitchen necessary)

I'd love to find something that has a continental breakfast, and my budget is reasonable not ritzy.

Any info on the Clarion on 192 or Econolodge? The Ramada Inn Maingate I found on Hotelkingdom.com for $44.90 per night.

Thanks for any information anyone else can share!

Patti

The Sheraton is definitely a good deal at the moment. You could also look at the Renaissance Worldgate.

The Sheraton for my dates is at $65 per night, which is definitely reasonable.

Patti

From a vacation home point of view :

Having lived on the west side for 4 years I can say that it is generally a quieter area than the east side. Some excellent restaurants are in the Formosa Gardens shopping area. Access to Disney, partic. if you use the backroads, is easier.

Vacation Home developments to west :
Sunset Lakes, Lindfields, Rolling Hills, Indian Creek, Wyndham Palms, Indian Ridge Oaks, Indian Ridge are all within 10 mins of Disney. If you use the backroads you can be there quicker.

I now live on the East side and I can say that access to Disney is a little longer. The East side is more popular with people who have been coming to the area for many years probably because they are familar with it. To get to Disney you can either go along US 192 or via Buenaventura/US 535. Again excellent restauarants exist so no real difference there. The main advantage of the East side at the moment is access to the superstores and the main shops...Walmart, Target etc. If you are on the west it will take 20 mins to get to Walmart...on the east 4 or 5 mins but very often quicker. Access to I-Drive is also easier.

Vacation Home development to east:
Cumbrian Lakes, Indian Point, Eagle Pointe, Lake Berkley are all within 10-15 mins drive of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter