What's with the fire alarm at Paradise Pier

Beca

Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!
We usually stay at the Grand Californian, but had a last minute trip, and they were full. I booked one night at the Paradise Pier hotel, and was awakened by the most obnoxious fire alarm in the history of hotels (I used to be a flight attendant, so I have heard many...but, this one definitely takes the cake) at 1:00 AM. I called down to the front desk, and the clerk said, "We have no idea what is going on. You can come down if you want to." Really??!! No, at 1:00AM I really don't want to carry my knocked-out-cold 5yr old down 8 flights of stairs, thank you. I mean, if honoring a fire emergency is an OPTION, I think I'll just opt out, thanks!!

After several minutes, some guests returned to the floor and said it was a false alarm. They said a worker on the roof had hit something that had turned on the alarm (weird, right?). Everyone started going to their rooms, and we thought it was all over until.....

The most obnoxious fire alarm in history began blaring in our room about the false alarm....it went thru its "false alarm" spiel...twice....in three different languages. By this point, my 5 yr old was actually starting to wake up, and I was getting ready to punch someone in the proverbial face.

It was insane.

So, I googled "Paradise Pier fire alarm" when I got home to see if there were any write-ups about it, and much to my surprise, I found review after review of the fire alarms going off at PP, some dating back to 2007. No wonder the front desk was so casual about the whole thing!

Does anyone know why this seems to be a regular occurrence at PP?

Thanks!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter