• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your "dream" rig?

I think we already own our "Dream Rig", just need to get it paid for. Click on MOTORCOACH in my signature for a picture.

P.S. Rog, love your new siggy pic.

I think we already own our "Dream Rig", just need to get it paid for. Click on MOTORCOACH in my signature for a picture.

Wow Brad, that's a beautiful coach. Is it a Fleetwood Expedition? Do you full-time, or that just a VERY nice vacation home?

Wow Brad, that's a beautiful coach. Is it a Fleetwood Expedition? Do you full-time, or that just a VERY nice vacation home?
Yes, an '06 Expedition. No full time for a little while yet but that is our plan. Right now it is mostly a driveway ornament with the price of diesel fuel. :lmao:

Wow, you don't ask much in your 21 feet! I agree with pretty much everything you want, I just think it's going to take a 32-35 footer to get it all in.
But if I go up to 32-35' I lose my 18+MPG.

Our starter moho is 32' and very lovely ... but not highly practical. It spoils us with lots of storage, leveling jacks, airbag ride, huge refrigerator and good size freezer ... but fuel costs tipped $1/mile this summer. It didn't go far beyond a trip into "town" for smog certification and a few costly repairs.

Our 2nd RV is the 21' footer with great fuel economy. We'll never see the walk-around queen or the tub ... but I can dream, right? While we are at it, my dream rig would allow someone 6'3" to stand w/out hitting their head on the coach A/C, would easily cool the entire interior from either the engine when driving or 20v A/C when docked :-)lmao:), be really easy to dump/flush, would not need any special winterizing procedures ... and be always "ready to go!" w/in 30 minutes of any late-Friday-afternoon decision to travel.

Shan-man said:
The two things I dislike most about our 28'er is the inadequate bed (clipped-corner full) and the microscopic shower (for a 6' 2" 300+ lb guy, anyhow). I'm hoping to be able to upgrade an a few years to probably a late '90s 32' A with walk-around queen (Sleep-Number would be ideal), a decent sized shower, and leveling jacks. That seems a reasonable stepping stone between our 'starter motorhome' and my 'dream'.
Oh! Walk-around Sleep-Number queen -- good choice!

... but fuel costs tipped $1/mile this summer. It didn't go far beyond a trip into "town" for smog certification and a few costly repairs.

$1 per mile?! It must have been a diesel that got 5 mpg?! I only get 7.5mpg and at the highest gas prices I've seen that still is only $0.52. Most folks I talk to running a 35' gas coach 'claim' to get about the same mpg, 7 to 8. I sure hope it's not really 4 to 4.5... I may need to think about a VW Vanagon instead. Seriously, I've looked at some B's at the RV shows and seen some very nice ones, but the killer for me is the size of the bathroom. I'm a big guy and I don't like using public showers/toilets so I really need a usable bath. When we do upgrade, I will miss the maneuverability of this short RV.

I will miss the maneuverability of this short RV.
Take it from me.... we got a bad case of the "one-footitis". We went from a 28' 92 Winnebago Brave , to a 30' 2001 Dutch Star, to a 45' 2003 Travel Supreme,,,back down to a 2004 40' Winnebago Vectra, and now a 2005 32' Itasca Meridian. There is a LOT to be said for maneuverability. Not to mention the rediculous beating we took doing all that foolish trading. The only rig we did not lose any $$ on was the T.S. We bought it at an incredible deal, lived full time in it for 1 1/2 years, and traded on the Vectra. Lazy Days gave us more at trade-in than what we paid for it originally. That will NEVER happen again.

When we went to Lazy Days to trade the Brave, we really wanted a 35' Adventurer. They would not make the deal we wanted so, instead of leaving and making them sweat it out, we bought the Dutch Star. Big mistake. We should have held out for the Adventurer and then we wouldn't have done all the other horse trading.

All said and done - I will probably never own another MH that's longer than 36'. Actually, I'll probably never buy another MH unless I win the lottery or something similar. I really love my Meridian - and Winnebago quit making the 32' model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter