• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wheelchair Poncho

Groot

I am Groot
Hey y’al, I’m going on an Alaska cruise in 36 days (flying out 2 days before to get to Vancouver). I know that Alaska has a reputation for being really rainy and I’m going to bring my own personal powerchair with me and I wanna take precautions in protecting the joystick from getting wet. (Pic below for reference) Has anyone found either a poncho that covers the entire wheelchair that has like a clear window for me to see the joystick through or a separate joystick cover? Anything will help.

C072FC72-8025-44BF-9412-3659A2B64213.jpeg

I read somewhere to bring shower caps. I found a bag of 10 at the $1.25 store the other day near the combs and brushes. I just happened to see them. You probably have a bag full from hotel stays over the years?

I wore a rain poncho (a regular one) that covered both me and the scooter. So, with your new electric wheelchair, it would cover with no problems. Amazon also sells covers that cover both you and your mobility device.

Hi everybody!
I am planning to search for these at dollar stores, etc.
Thanks … I like the idea of those cheap shower caps for covering leftover bowls of food in frig too!
! Haha

Last edited:
DH finds that a plastic grocery bag works better to cover his powerchair's joystick than a showercap, which can be easily blown off. He can pull the handles and tie them snugly around the chair arm to keep the joystick well-covered. He can easily manipulate the joystick with the bag in place and needn't worry about his poncho being blown aside while moving.

DH finds that a plastic grocery bag works better to cover his powerchair's joystick than a showercap, which can be easily blown off. He can pull the handles and tie them snugly around the chair arm to keep the joystick well-covered. He can easily manipulate the joystick with the bag in place and needn't worry about his poncho being blown aside while moving.

See, I have better luck with shower caps, because of the elastic that helps hold the cap around the joystick on my power chair...

To each their own! 🙂

I wore a rain poncho (a regular one) that covered both me and the scooter. So, with your new electric wheelchair, it would cover with no problems. Amazon also sells covers that cover both you and your mobility device.
which one seems to be the best?

A regular poncho with a good quality vinyl that doesn’t tear easily is best. You could purchase through Amazon or a sports store. Just don’t purchase those cheap ones from the Dollar Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter