When are they going to fix the Monorail/EPCOT security glitch?

Well, I was thinking they need to move the tables farther toward the buses, so that the end of the monorail ramp was within the bubble. Car/tram traffic should still be able to use it also. Right now they have it tucked in so tight under the monorail station - that's the problem. Do they still have the smaller bag check on the other side of the monorail for people arriving by car who walk up? I haven't come in through that side for about a year and a half, so I'm not sure if it's still there or not.
I don't know, I never drive/arrive that way.

I've had the same thought as you though, and brought it up several times, that the tables should be able to be moved out. But I do know that if they do that they will have to secure/reconfigure the areas where the tram drops. Right now it's wide open because it doesn't need to be secure, they check you AFTER the drop. If they want to drop the guests and then direct them to a bag check that is behind the drop point it will take some fencing/reworking. It's not as simple as moving the tables for the buses and monorail. It will be an easy fix for them though, just a bit more complicated for the folks arriving from the parking lot. Still think it can be done

While I recognize that this can be kind of inconvenient for some guests, I'm not sure if I was Disney I would be worrying that much about this.

We just got back a week ago and it was a pain having to go through bag check twice to get into Epcot. Lines were very long. I carried a purse that has one main pocket and is flexible (it's a LeSportsac) or my mini backpack with two zippered areas, so it's a very quick check and I always unzip before getting to the table. What takes so long is all the backpacks with 7 or 8 zippered areas that all have to be checked and no one unzips them. They just toss the bag up and wait for security to do it. I wish they'd add a line for anyone with just a purse with just one main pocket. When I have to wait behind people with a strolller, diaper bag and large backpack, it takes so much longer than is necessary. DH had cargo pants and just waited for me after he went through the metal detector. There is so much they could fix with the current check. I don't get bringing in a huge backpack and I never will. DH and I brought our boys when they were 3.5 and 5.5 in 1989 and while there was no bag check, we didn't schlep around stuff either, or take a stroller. I had a fanny pack and that was all and that only had our tickets, ID's, cash, and a couple of odds and ends. I see young adults, with no kids wearing those huge backpacks also. Why does anyone want to do that?

Anyway, my point is, if there weren't all those backpacks, bag check would be so much faster.'

MK was nice since we only had to get checked either at the TTC or Poly (stayed at Shades of Green).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter