When do the USA kids go back to school after Summer Break?

we have travelled out during the first week of August for the last two years and the children in Florida have either just gone back or are about to go back to school. Hope this helps

They break up in May so are on holiday at the moment ~ lucky beggers

The schools in the southern states tend to let out for the summer in May and go back in August.

The rest of the country, where it isn't quite so hot in the summer, usually gets out of school in late June (my daughter finishes tomorrow) and return in the first week of september.

Our kids got out May 25 and return Aug 7, and we're in Jacksonville, FL, 3 hrs. from WDW. Some schools got out a week later, so they'll also probably start a week later. Our kids started in Sept when we lived in MN.

We generally go to Florida in August and the majority of schools return either the first or second week of the month.

Makes the parks much quieter.

Kilted_Yank said:
The schools in the southern states tend to let out for the summer in May and go back in August.

The rest of the country, where it isn't quite so hot in the summer, usually gets out of school in late June (my daughter finishes tomorrow) and return in the first week of september.

This is true. I am in NY and the schools let out late June and Start after Labor day (Sept 4).

My brother in Law lives in VA and gets out in Late May/ early june and goes back in August.

Kids were out early this year (last week of May) and will be going back to school around August 15.

The school where I teach the kids were done on June 2 and they go back a week before Labor Day. I hope this helps you.

My son has just been chatting to a girl from Florida who he met in the Caribbean at Easter :love: They're going to meet up whilst we're in Florida in August and she goes back to school on 8th August :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter