When do you fill up your gas tank?

mikehn

DIS Veteran
Obviously when you are running on empty. But otherwise, what is your routine? I pretty much never fill up till Im on empty. I usually fill up at Sams or Costco and the lines there are usually ridiculous, unless you go late in the evening. When Im there, I usually pull into the shortest lane possible regardless of which side the pump is on. I have a 32 gallon tank so fillups are painful, but I hate waiting in line for gas and go only when needed.

It depends. We go to bjs and if we have some discount deal, we'll wait until less than a quarter.

In the summer, when it's pretty low. In the winter, about 1/2 tank, you don't want to get stranded anywhere with no gas in a lake effect.

It has the extended range tank so a full tank lasts about 700 miles or so, and I work from home on top of it so I don't visit the gas station too too often.

Most of the year I let it get to the point that it flashes at me (which is when it gets down to 1/8), but in the winter I try to not let it go past 1/4 tank. With my commute, I usually fill it at least once a week.

Usually when it says I have about 90-100 miles left which I guess is about 1/4 tank. I just opened my app to check where I was at since I haven’t gotten gas in a long time (work from home) and discovered my husband must have filled it up yesterday when he took it to work. So I should be good for another month or more.

Usually 1/8 of a tank or less. My notifications go off when I have about 40 miles left. I'm only about 4 miles from Costco, so I don't have to plan far ahead.

The only time I worry about gas, and ensure that I have a full tank, is if a hurricane is threatening and that is very rare.

Prior to the pandemic, I bought a tank of gas every two weeks. At that point I usually had a quarter tank left.
During the pandemic working from home I stopped filling up. I would buy $20 (about 5 gallons at current prices) worth when I got to a quarter tank and it would last me 6 or 7 weeks.
Retired last year, and starting to worry about gasoline going bad in our cars since we use so little. My wife has a Camry Hybrid that gets 53 mpg and we filled up 2 months ago and have used a quarter of a tank. I took it in for an oil change at the Toyota dealer and the service writer said in the last two years a number of their customers come in one a year for oil change and many haven't even driven 2,000 miles.

Around 1/4 tank I'll start thinking about it and looking for where the cheaper gas is. Yesterday I filled up when the "miles left" was down to 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter