• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When does holding take effect?

Maryrachel713

Mouseketeer
I had a reservation starting March 23 but was waiting to hear about my sisters work schedule. She still isn't sure, so I modified the reservation today (I had to borrow some points for it, so I kept one night). My dashboard shows all my points in holding now, but it's the 22nd. Should they be in holding or not?

Also, I borrowed points from my Aulani contract and have an Aulani stay in June. Will I be able to switch to use those borrowed Aulani points on that reservation so I can bank this years points? It was an 11 month reservation but all the points are Aulani points. I also have a stay next weekend (our first Moonlight Magic!)--can I switch to holding points for that or does that just put those points in holding therefore accomplishing nothing? TIA!

I think the fact that February is only 29 days long caused an error in your calculations, unfortunately. February 22 is 30 days from March 23. To avoid points in holding, you have to cancel 31+ days out.

You could call MS and plead for an exception. You’re probably not the only member who miscalculated. If not granted, you can try to modify your AUL reservation when you are within 60 days of checkin, and the system should take the holding points since they are AUL points.

If you modify next weekend’s reservation, you’re right, it would put those points in holding, so not helpful.

Like Carolyn said, call and explain. Maybe they will let you free up the points. Can't hurt. I missed the banking deadline by one day many years ago. After pleading my case, the CM was kind and banked the points. It can't hurt to ask.

I think the fact that February is only 29 days long caused an error in your calculations, unfortunately. February 22 is 30 days from March 23. To avoid points in holding, you have to cancel 31+ days out.

You could call MS and plead for an exception. You’re probably not the only member who miscalculated. If not granted, you can try to modify your AUL reservation when you are within 60 days of checkin, and the system should take the holding points since they are AUL points.

If you modify next weekend’s reservation, you’re right, it would put those points in holding, so not helpful.
Thanks for the advice--you're right, that probably is what messed me up. :(

Only 94 of the points are Aulani so I still have 121GF points. As my husband said, guess we'll just have to go back. I've always wanted to go to the Halloween or Christmas partys--long weekend perhaps?

Thanks for the advice--you're right, that probably is what messed me up. :(

Only 94 of the points are Aulani so I still have 121GF points. As my husband said, guess we'll just have to go back. I've always wanted to go to the Halloween or Christmas partys--long weekend perhaps?
Not a bad solution 🤣

With that in mind, I’d call member services and see if they can help. If not, that is also fine! DH and I started doing shorter stays just the 2 of us and those are wonderful ❤️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter