when does value season start (after Christmas)

Muffy

<font color=red>Oh how I wish I lived in Florida!<
I am ordering our airline tickets very, very soon (maybe today) As the airlines are having a quiet sale to test the market. We want to go to WDW 12/31- 01/09 and I am wondering if that is value season? I think value season starts 01/02 but I hope I am wrong! We really want to leave on 12/31. We may have to stay off site if that is the case. Can anyone verify value season? Thanks!

Muffy

and someone correct me if I'm wrong, please. We're in this same situation, staying off site through 1/1/02, then checking into CSR on 1/1/02 since that's when value season starts (we got AAA discount, too, which helps). I know other people have stayed the first (more expensive) night at a ASM/Sp onsite, then switched to a mod or deluxe with the start of the value season. Maybe we'll see you come January!
Terri the Yoopermom

yoopermom -- Good suggestion.
I take it you are from the U.P.? I really have enjoyed our trips through Superiorland! LOVE looking out over Whitefish Point.;)

we're actually transplanted cheeseheads! We're still only an hour from Green Bay, so maybe I can say we're cheesy yoopers. It is beautiful country up here, but come Dec/Jan, we'll be looking forward to heading to FL/WDW!
Terri the (border) mom
Go Pack!

Almost! We're going 1/10-1/16. Can't really decide between a moderate and Wilderness Lodge. Depends on the economy as DH is in sales commission only. We're on Lake Superior. It's getting cold, huh.

Yooperfan, *you* are a real yooper (since you measure snow in feet, not inches!), whereas I humbly live in the "banana belt" of the U.P. (Menominee County). To keep this on task, I, too, would love to stay at WL, but so far only have AAA discount for CSR, but will keep hoping! Let us know on the community board the first time you get snow, hey?
Terri the (Southern) Yoopermom

When I called to make ressies, I asked for the date value season starts. It's January 1, fortunately, because that's when I was checking in. CM double-checked-at first she thought it was January 2.

The value season is the week after Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas, up to Xmas eve. Then again after New Years Day. All the kids are off the week after Christmas, so you will fight to ride & stand in many lines. Been there done that. We went Oct. which was great! got to do all. Also went past New years 1 year & so enjoyed the less crowds, although all the decorations for Christmas promptly disappear Jan 2 am. Like Magic! So this year in order to enjoy less crowds & still see the decoration we are going Nov.28th-Dec 6th.

These last couple years, they've gotten pretty slow about taking down Xmas decorations. When I was there this past January, 2001, on January 3 the tree was still up on the walkway between Future World and World Showcase (took a picture) and the tree was still up when I checked in to DxL (what it was called then). But both trees were gone by January 5. In January, 2000, the tree was up at DxL when I checked in January 5 and still up on January 8.

I just booked flights for Dec 31 - Jan 7.
Watch when you try to book Disney - value season
starts Jan 1 but if you check in Dec 31 you pay Holiday
rates the entire stay. I then asked to book Dec 31 1 night
and have a separate reservation for the rest - another catch
is that the All Stars have a 3 night min if you book Dec 31 so
you pay Holiday rate for the first three nights and then
value season for the rest. If I had to pay 109 for three
nights for the All stars that I know drop down to 77 I went
with the Swam for 1 night (have an AP) and booked into
the All Stars the rest. Waiting for AP discounts to come out !

have you seen the hotel rates that the dis has posted for the hotels at down town disney.the rates are great $55.00 per night for a suite/.check it out you might save some money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter