When is seating assignment for Hoop Dee Doo?

Sharper

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know for certain when seat assignments are made for Hoop Dee Doo Revue? I would like to take my husband the night we arrive (his birthday) and feel like if we make reservations now, several months out, that we should get good seats. However, I have heard that assignments aren't made until check-in, which may well be true since the only time my family has been I made reservations well in advance, off season, and our seats were really bad. This is very expensive and I'm not certain that hubby will be as impressed at show or too thrilled at the cost if we are far off to the side, upstairs. Any info?? Thanks!

We made our ressies very early, we were the last to be seated and where did they lead us?? none other than the FRONT row right next to the piano, the earlier you make your ressy the better the seat.

Since I made reservations nearly a year in advance for OFF season (first of December, practically had the park to ourselves -- it was great!) and got really, really poor seating I don't think it is directly based on which reservations are made. I have heard both that it is based on when you check in to your resort (don't see the logical connection there) and when you arrive at the facility. I am trying to remember if there is some point between making the reservation and arriving which is a confirmation/payment point??

The last time we went to HDD, we made our just a couple of weeks in advance. When we got to the Guest Services window to pick up our tickets, the lady asked us where we wanted to sit. We jokingly said, "the front row" and when we got seated, we were front & center!

I always thought it depended on when you made the ressies, but after that I think it's when you buy the tickets. So, my advice is, pick up your tickets as soon as you check in to your resort! :D

I also have my doubts about seating being assigned based on when the reservation is made. When we went a few years ago, I did not make reservations all that far in advance (6 weeks?) and yet we were seated front & center (the little two person table directly in front of the stage).

We've always made our reservations well ahead of check in time. Always had good seats, until we made a ressie with a bigger party... Then we had, not really bad seats, but further away then what we normally have been. So, I think it also depends on the party size...

I have been four times and I book it a year out. I am always in the second row - last two times we were seated at the same table. I dunno!

My DW and I were told seating was done based on the reservation date. We made ours for our May 2002 vacation about 1 month before. Figured we'd be in the back or in the balcony. Turned out we were in the front row of tables to the left side of the stage! Some people on our bus made ressies 7 months in advance and their family was in the balcony (they were unhappy, too!). Go figure!

They do the seating based on when you booked. It also depends on how many are in your party. If there are only 2 people they will most deffinately will seat you in the balcony and not on the main floor. The main floor is for the larger parties.

Robert: My DW & I were a party of 2 and we got main floor seats -- left side of stage, front row. We booked about 1 month prior to the show date, too.

They must have changed their policy. It doesn't sound like it, but did any of you guys that got great seats on the later booking dates use conceirge services to book them? (I don't even know if they do that for you or not)

We have always been in the balcony. Whether it was two of us or three of us and whether the ressies were made well in advance or even the night before. My dh was selected to be in the show though the last time we went and we were in the balcony!!!!(He wore the tutu)

My DW and I made our ressies via WL concierge. I don't know if that made a difference or not. We talked to people on the bus who made ressies months ahead of time: some were on the main floor, but others were in the balcony. We went to the early (first) show, so I don't know if that made a difference (?). :confused:

Just back from ft. wilderness. Husband decided on Friday around 5:00 to see if we could get ressie for Hoop de doo for our 25th anniv. and sure enough we got the late show 9:30 our seats were right in front by the piano. We loved it... great seats I think it depends on the size of your party.....

tip.... our show was not booked so if you can wait that late to eat you stand a real good chance in getting a ressie.

Good Luck It was fun.

For what it is worth this is how the lady at the HDDR explained it to us. She said that they seat you according to when you make your reservation and what size table you need. She was telling people this as they tried to line up early for the show.She told us that there was a family there the night we were there that had made reservations exactly two years ahead. They were a large group (perhaps 20 people) and were right behind us. We were second row center. We had reserverd about 4 months out. We picked up our tickets at our resort when we arrived, and our seating assignment was aready on the ticket. We loved the show BTW.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter